Chapter 8

★ Mindy ★

I wake up in my own bed, a shadow hovering above me. Events from last nigh flash through my mind. I heave a sigh and rub at my eyes.

"Thank god you woke up!" It's my mother's voice. My vision clears and I can see her familiar face above me.

"I freaked when I saw Collin carrying your limp body up to your room! Do you know how many horrible thoughts crossed through my mind?" She sighs. "Collin said you'd only fainted. The boy seemed worried but he was acting so strange." Mom purses her lips. "What happened, Mindy?"

"Nothing happened, Mom." I sit up and throw my feet over the bed. "I think I should go talk to Collin."

"So something did happen?" Mom frowns.

"No!" I groan. "Just give me some space!"

Mom shakes her head and begins to head out of my room. "You're not acting like yourself, Min." She disappears, shutting the door behind her.

I don't know what to do anymore.

• Collin •

She kissed me. She kissed me but it meant nothing to her. She was only using me. I was just her puppet.

"What's got your undies in a twist, Bro?" My older brother, Ryan peers through my bedroom door. "You came late last night, locked yourself in here and didn't even go down to eat breakfast."

"I don't want to talk about it." I mumble, sitting up on my bed.

Ryan makes a tsk tsk noise and walks into my room, perching himself on the edge of my bed. "Is it a girl?"

I don't answer. I simple sigh and throw my head back.

"Ah," Ryan taps my leg. "It's Mindy. You should tell her, Bro. I mean, you've been in love with the girl since like elementary school."

"She kissed me." I blurt absentmindly.

Ryan gapes and reaches over, pounding my shoulder. "Congrats, man! You finally got your girl-"

"To make another guy jealous." I say with a sigh. "She doesn't even like me."

Ryan opens his mouth but closes it again. "You know what," He says at last. "You should just stop being a wimp and make her yours already!" He slaps my leg. "Be a man! Make her beg for you to kiss her!"

I shoot him a glare. "I'm not toying with her!"

"Yet you let her toy with you." Ryan says beneath his breath.

I frown. "I did not-"

I'm cut off by the sound of the doorbell ringing. Ryan's instantly up and staring out my bedroom window.

"Speak of the devil." I hear him murmer.

"Who is it?" I ask even though I already knew his answer.

"Mindy." He turns to me. "Go get her, lil bro. Don't let another man take her away from you!"

I chuck my pillow at him. "You're such an ass."

"I've been told." He chuckles as the doorbell rings again. "Arent ya gonna answer it?"

I suck in a deep breath. "Yes."

★ Mindy ★

I pace back and forth on Collin's porch, twirling a piece of my dark hair between my fingers. I had to apologize for kissing him. What if he took it the wrong way? What if-

I sigh. What was that feeling I had when I kissed him? It was nothing, right?

"Hey." The door creaks open to reveal Collin. His black hair is tousled and he's only wearing a pair of jeans, the same pair he was wearing last night. He must have gone straight to bed. His chest is bare, revealing his perfectly defined muscles and a six pack which I never knew he had. I felt like I was staring at a very hot, very manly version of Collin and not the nerdy Collin I knew.

"What are you doing here?" He asks, interrupting my thoughts.

"I, um," I run a hand through my hair. "Came to apologize."

He frowns. "For what?"

"For kissing you." I blurt. "I didn't mean to use you like that. I just saw Jared coming back and I didn't know what to do and-" I sigh. "I ended up hurting him and I don't want to hurt you too."

Collin purses his lip. "You didn't hurt me." He says blandly.

"But I'm sorry anyways." I tell him. "Am I...changing?" I decide to ask him.

He shifts akwardly. "Your hair's down."

I tug on my hair and flash him a small smile. "I know. I liked it."

"It looks nice."

"Thanks."

Collin and I stare at each other, silent and immoble.

Finally I say: "I should get going."

"See you at school." Collin says as I begin to walk away.

"Wait," Collin calls suddenly. "Mindy?"

I turn around. "Yeah?"

He hesitates. "I, uh, like your shirt."

I look down at my worn-out Navy tanktop. "Um, thanks."

"Your welcome." He hesitates on closing his door but finally closes it.

I crinkle my forehead and start to walk away again. Why was he acting so weird? He looked as if there was something he wanted to tell me. But what?

___________________________

Author's Note: Hmmm...ok. What did yall think? Like it? Hate it? COMMENT!! I see more people like Collin. Why is that? haha (I like Collin too though) But tell me!! What is that you DONT like about Jared? c o m m e n t  v o t e  f a n!! :) xx