Chapter 6

★ Mindy ★

I hop onto my bike and settle my helmet over my head. It's been a long school day and I was stuck going on a movie date with Jared. If only I could make up an excuse and ditch...

"Mindy!" Jared waves at from the school steps and begins to jog over. I groan. He was becoming worst than poison ivy. The more you scratch it, the more it spreads.

"About the movie..." He begins.

"If you're canceling. I totally understand." I interrupt him, my fingers crossed in hopes that that was what he had come to tell me.

He chuckles. "Actually, I was wondering if you wanted to go to Emma's party instead. I heard it's going to be off the chain. You should come."

I purse my lips. "With...you?"

Jared kicks a rock aside and grins at me. "Yeah, I guess."

I choke. "You're not embarrased to be seen with me?"

He looks around and runs a hand through his hair. "Well, yeah."

I smirk. "Least you're honest."

"But you should still come." He blurts. "I'll drive you if you like."

I raise an eyebrow. "What is it that you want, Jared? For me to do the project and get us an A? Because you don't have to bribe me. I'll be happy to do so."

He frowns. "No. Can't I invite a friend to a friend's party?"

I cluck my tongue. "Honestly, Jared. What are you playing at?"

He shrugs. "Nothing."

I look at him suspiciously. "Fine. I'll go. But you said you'd give me a ride."

"I will."

"Ok then."

"See ya."

I start to peddle, making my way out of the school's lot.

"Wait!" Jared calls.

I hit the brakes. "What now?!" I shout back at him.

"Can you give me Mandy's number?" He yells.

I purse my lips. "Maybe." I snap and begin to peddle again, not stopping this time.

I knew it. He was only getting close to me to get close to Mandy. And there was no way I was going to give him Mandy's number. He would instantly know it was me, because, of course, I am Mandy. So we have the same exact number.

But what if I ditch the party.

What if Mandy shows up instead?

Jared's going to get such a surprise. I don't like to be played with, especially since Jared wants nothing to do with me in reality. Let's see how he feels when Mandy likes someone else.

Someone who's not him.

And when you play with fire...

You're bound to get burned.

• • •

"You're kidding, right?" Collin stared back at me, a horrified look on his face, his brown eyes wide.

"Please, Coco?" I give him a small smile and playfully poke his belly.

"Don't call me that." He frowns. "There's no way I'm going to Emma's party. I wasn't even invited."

I cluck my tongue. "Honestly, Collin. I told you I can get us in. Well, Jared can. Please!" I use my puppy eyes on him. They never fail me, especially with Collin.

He sighs and flops down on my mom's leather couch. "Fine."

"Thank you!" I squeal. "And don't forget. Call me Mandy, not Mindy. And wear a tux or something appealing! Oh, and wear cologne."

Collin groans. "Do I have too?"

"Yes."

"I hate you."

"No you don't. You're too busy loving me." I joke.

Collin purses his lips but doesn't say anything.

• • •

I fumble through my closet and pull out black tank top with "Flaming" sprawled across the front in red letters. I pull it on and go dig in my drawers for a skirt. I never wear skirts so the only one I had was a too-short, too-right jean skirt. I'm able to get it on. If I pulled it up any higher, my underwear would be exposed. In fact, the simple action of leaning over would expose more than I would ever intend. Actually, I would never intend too at all. I hate exposing clothes but I guess if I was going to play the part of Mandy, I would have to make certain sacrifices.

I saunter over to my mirror and pry my hair out of it's ponytail. It spills beneath my shoulders in black ringlets, still slightly moist from the shower. I had a little hairspray, fumble with it a bit to make it look un-Mindy-like and begin to work on my makeup. I didn't have to rely on Erin this time. After a little bit of research, I think I'm capable of finally doing my own makeup. I apply black eyeliner over and beneath my eyes and then add a sparkily, silver shadow on my eyelids. I put on mascara, some blush, perfume, and finish. I actually looked appealing and nothing like my actual self. I looked like Mandy. I grin approvingly at my reflection. Yep. I looked pretty good.

Suddenly the doorbell rings. My smile widens. Collin's here. I couldn't wait to see what he was wearing. If he still looked like a nerd, I was going to have to call Erin. She would help me set him straight.

But I didn't need Erin after all.

I run downstairs and pry open the front door. Collin stares back at me. His hair is gelled but still tousled. He was wearing jeans and a white, long-sleeved, button-up shirt with a black tie. He had on a casual pair of black converse and could smell the seducing scent of his cologne.

Collin's mouth dropped when he saw me but he quickly closed it.

"Don't worry," I smirk. "I'm still Mindy."

He sorta smiles. "And you better stay Mindy." He pauses. "Wait. Who's driving?"

"Jared's going to pick us up." I inform him. "He thinks he's picking up Mindy but boy is he in for a surprise."

A familiar car suddenly pulls up in my driveway and honks. I can see Jared's silhouette in the driver's seat.

I smirk. "Speak of the devil." I close the door behind me as I walk towards Jared's car, Collin right behind me.

"Get into the back seat." I tell him. "I've got this."

I pry open the passenger door and slide inside. "My cousin sends her apologizes," I say, looking at Jared with a smirk still written on my lips. "She wasn't able to make it. She had other plans."

He's wearing a pair of black shinny jeans and a plaid, black and white, button-up shirt. He has on a pair of expensive looking shoes which I've never seen on anyone else but him and his hair's looking the same as always: dirty blonde and swept to the right.

His eyes widen. "Mandy!" He's beaming now. "What are you- how- Mindy said you've left!"

I chuckle and pretend to admire my manicure. "She says a lot of things."

Jared snarls. "Can't believe she lied to me."

"Hm." I respond. "Oh, and you don't mind if I brought a guest, do you?"

Jared turns to look back at Collin who waves akwardly. Jared purses his lips.

"No. I do not kind at all." His voice is tense.

I grin smugly. "Good."

___________________

Author's Note: This chapter would have been longer...but I decided to make y'all wait :P don't hate me! lol And just curious...who do like better? Jared or Collin??? Tell me!! COMMENT VOTE AND FAN!!