Chapter 10

• Jared •

I try to focus on driving. It's nearly impossible with Mindy singing random Lady Gaga tunes (she's not the best singer) and Collin playing some game on his phone (and getting a little too excited every time he wins...or loses.) I have so many regrets right now.

"...I'm on the edge, the edge, the edge, the edge, the edge, the edge of gloryy-" Mindy belts out.

I groan and pull my car the side of the road, bringing it to a stop and thumping my head against the wheel.

"You ok?" Mindy asks me, not singing anymore. "Why'd you stop? We're almost to Collin's."

"Cant you guys be the least bit silent for, I don't know, the rest of the friggin' ride!" I blurt, frustrated. "Maybe even your lives!"

Mindy slouches down, her arms crossed. "If you want us to stop, get us home already! You drive like my grandma."

I roll my eyes. "It's called speed limit. Look it up."

"Can you start driving?" Collin butts in. "I'm late and I have a English paper to write."

"Whatever." I mutter and restart the engine, pulling back onto road. "Just please, a little silence."

"We'll try." Mindy scoffs.

I open my mouth respond but close it again, turning the car onto Collin's road.

• • •

I stop the car in front of Mindy's driveway and look over at her. "I know I was being an ass earlier, but can you go on ONE date with me?"

Mindy frowns and prys open the door. "Give it up, Jared. I'll never beg for you. I'll never go on a date with you. I'm not that kind of girl."

"Then what kind of girl are you?" I ask her, questioning her with my eyes.

She sighs. "I really don't know, Jared."

"Listen," I say. "Let me take you out to a movie or something. Believe it or not, I kinda like you, Mindy. You're different. You're not like Trinity and you're not like Mandy. You're...you're you. Just give me a chance."

Mindy chews on her lips and looks into my eyes, pondering over what to say.

I give her a hopeful look, pleading her with my eyes to say yes. "Please?"

She heaves a sigh. "Fine. Whatever. ONE date. A movie. I'll pick it. See ya tomorrow, Jared." She doesn't wait for my response, just slams the door shut and begins to head up her driveway.

"Yes!" I do some random dance of happiness, feeling successful.

I look back at Mindy who's standing in her porch, a curious look on her face as she watches me.

I clear my throat and waves, smiling innocently. She rolls her eyes and disappears into her house.

"Yeah!" I shout again and start driving.

• Mindy •

I fall onto my bed with a loud sigh. I cannot believe I just agreed to go on a date with Jared...as Mindy!!!! Who would've thought he would ask me out? He's popular, I'm not. He's a jock, I'm a mathlete. All the girls love him, I don't. So why did I agree? To get him off my back. Like I got him off Mandy's back. But that only backfired...and I sure as heck don't want to hurt him again. I never thought he'd dump Trinity for Mandy or that he'd actually feel heartbroken over her.

He would totally hate me if ever found out I was Mandy. Totally, completely hate me.

• N e x t D a y •

"What movie exactly did you pick?" Jared asks me. We're standing in front of the movie theaters and waiting in line to buy our tickets. I haven't yet told Jared the movie I'd chosen. I could already picture his reaction.

"The Vampire's Bride." I chirp, smiling innocently.

Jared gapes. "What?! That's a chick flick!" He fusses. "Couldnt we see 'Revenge of the Martians 2' or something like that?!"

I smirk. "I'm not into those type of movies."

Jared opens his mouth to keep arguing but closes it. "Fine." He mutters.

I flutter my eyelashes as he walks up to the guy behind the glass window who's selling the tickets.

"Two tickets to 'The Vampire's Bride' please?" Jared mumbles.

The guy (who has dark, black hair that falls over his eyes and is very cute, by the way) gives Jared a weird look as he hands him the tickets. Jared hands the guy the money and heads back to me.

"C'mon." He mutters.

"Wait," I drag him over to the snack counter. "Can we get popcorn?"

"Anything for the lady." Jared grins. "What do you want?"

"Extra large popcorn with extra butter and salt. Oh! And a pretzel plus a large coke." I pause. "And I pack of Sour Patch Kids."

Jared's mouth drops. "You and Mandy are more alike than I thought."

____________

Author's Note: Sorry it's short. I wanted the date to be on the next chapter. COMMENT VOTE FAN!!!!!!!!! luv luv luv!