Chapter 14

• Mindy •

The next day at school was a complete nightmare. Jared didn't look me in the eye, muchless go anywhere near me. Collin did pretty much the same thing, spending all his time with his chest club friends. So basically, I spent the whole day feeling like crap.

"Hey!" Erin jogs over to me once the final bell rings, leaning against the locker adjacent to mine. "What's with Collin?" She looks me up and down. "And you. You look horrible."

I make a face, slamming my locker shut. "Why, thank you." I say sarcastically.

Erin frowns. "Talk to me, Chicka. What's up?"

I heave a sigh and start walking towards the school exit, Erin on my heels.

"Last night was a disaster." I inform her.

"With Jared?"

"Yep." I kick the first rock in sight once we make it outside. "He found out everything and now he won't talk to me."

Erin makes a pouty face and gives me a one-armed hug. "You should talk to him. He might understand."

"Already tried. He wouldn't let me." I chew on my bottom lip. "And to make things worse, Collin..." I pause. "He told me he was in love with me."

Erin's eyes become as big as baseballs, her mouth dropping. "He...what?"

"You heard me."

Erin slowly closes her mouth and looks down at her feet. "You're lucky. You have two guys fighting over you."

"More like mad at me." I scoff and then raise an eyebrow curiously in Erin's direction. "What's wrong?"

Erin sighs and takes me hand, leading me to her black convertible. She motions for me to slip into the backseat and I do, her doing the same.

"I..." Erin fiddles with her fingers. "I've been in love with Collin for years. He just...never seemed interested."

Now it's my turn to be utterly shocked. My jaw hits the ground, my eyes wide. "Where was this piece of information five years ago?!" I snap.

She chews on her bottom lip. "I didn't want to tell anyone. I thought no one would care, especially Collin."

I roll my eyes. "Honey, for all you know, he loves you back."

Erin scoffs. "As a friend? Yeah. He's told me."

I reach over and wrap my arms around Erin, comforting her. "You don't know that. Try asking him to prom. You never what he'd say."

Erin pulls away, a small smile on her lips. "I'll try."

"Try? No. You will." I nudge her.

Erin crosses her arms. "On one condition."

"Which is?"

"You ask Jared to prom."

I open my mouth but close it again, frowning. "He hates me. That's a big no no."

Erin smirks. "He does not hate you. Just...try and talk to him. Find a way. He has to forgive you sooner or later."

I squeeze my eyes shut and let my head fall into my hands. "It's too complicated. He wants nothing to do with me."

"You're the only girl he's ever taken seriously." Erin tells me. "If he doesn't forgive you, that only proves what an ass he is."

I sigh, giving in. "I'll try."

"You will."

"I will."

"That's my girl."

_____________

Author's Note: sorryyyy it's so short :( I just want to end this already. One more chapter to go and then the weight is lifted off my shoulders. Sorry to those who liked this story. I wish I had nver lost interest. Anywho, comment vote fan! Xx