Chapter 15

• Mindy •

The next day at school was pretty much like the previous.

That is until we got called out of 5th period for some school-wide assembly.

"Have you talked to Collin?" I ask Erin once I spot her on the way to he assembly.

"Yeah, a normal conversation like we do eveyday." She says sarcasically.

I frown. "You know what I mean."

"Then no." She sighs. "Have you talked to Jared?"

"Nope."

"You have to do it today." Erin tells me. "Prom is next week. Hurry before someone else asks.

"He hates me. Collin hates me. This is going to be a mission." I say matter-of-factly just as Jared happens to walk by, not looking back at me.

"Now's your chance." Erin whispers.

I bite my lip and exhale, slowly approaching Jared. "Jared? Can i talk to you?"

He ignores me, his attention everywhere but me.

"Jared, please! I need to explain!"

"Yo! Ray, man!" Jared calls out, jogging over to his well-known best friend.

"He's pissed." Erin observes.

I feel my eyes get teary. None of this was supposed to end this way. "I told you. He loathes me."

"Just keep trying." Erin orders.

I nod as Collin walks by and starts talking to some girl in his chest club.

"Hey! Collin? Can we talk?" I question.

He ignores me too.

"C'mon," Erin takes my arm and leads me into the gym where the assembly is being held. "Just forget about for now."

I nod and take a seat on the bleachers, watching as the principal sets of the mic.

I cock my head to the side, an idea skething itself into my head.

I stand up and begin to walk when Erin pulls me back.

"Where are you going?" She asks.

"You'll see." I wiggle out of her grasp and sneak around the gym, making my way behind the set-up stage where the principal had just finished fixing the mic.

I hide back there during the entire assembly, not really listening. My mind was too busy working up a speech.

"-Thank you for listening. You may now return back to your 6th period." The principal, Mrs.Monte dismisses everyone.

Now's my chance.

I quickly jump onto the stage, taking the mic from an unaware Mrs.Monte.

"Wait!" I call into th mic. "I've got something to say!"

The entire student body slowly sits back down into their seats, a whisper rising in the crowd.

"I'm here to apologize," I blurt. "I've hurt two people that mean a lot to me and...and I really need them to listen to me right now."

My eyes scan the crowd towards Collin who's watching me intently and in silence.

"Collin," I say. "You're my best guy friend and I really don't want anything to get inbetween that. I'm sorry...for everything. Just please. Can we go back to our old ways? Can you forgive me?"

I notice a small smile form on Collin's lips and I know he's forgiven me. He winks and I smile back at him, a part of me feeling relieved.

Now to Jared.

I find him in the crowd. He's not looking at me. Instead, he's staring down at his hands and not saying anything.

"Jared," I begin. "I've realized so many things since we were stuck together on that stupid project. I like you, Jared. A lot. You know that. But...I'm sorry for pretending to be someone I wasnt. You just didn't recognize me and I was in shock so I went along with it. Let's just say I wasn't a big fan of you back then." I chuckle, tears suddenly running down my face. "I didn't want to hurt you in any way. Mandy...she's not me. I'm me. I'm Mindy. No one else. Jared, I'm so sorry. I..." I bite my lip, my heart bearing fast. "I love you." I whisper, but it echos throughout the gym, everyone's eyes widening.

"Please forgive me?" That's the last thing I sag before Mrs.Monte takes away the mic and dismisses the crowd, everyone standing up and scattering to their classes.

"Mindy!" Collin jogs up to me. "I forgive you." He smiles, draping an arm around me. "I'm sorry for being such an ass and not talking to you." He pauses. "And you know what's really weird? Erin asked me to prom." He shakes his head, grinning like a nut. "I always knew she liked me."

I chuckle, wiping my eyes with the back of my hand. "And do you like her?"

"A lot."

"What about me?"

"I did love you," He tells me. "But you're right. Only as friends." He wraps me in a hug. "You're my best friend. nothing can change that."

"Nothing." I hug him back.

He pulls away. "I have to get to trig. See you later?"

"See ya, Collin." I wave as he jogs away, disappearing.

The gym was now empty except for me. I heaved a sigh. Jared hadn't forgiven me.

I round the corner, the gym doors closing behind me, when suddenly I'm pinned up against the wall, two rough lips landing on mine and kissing me hard.

I'm taken off guard. I use my hands to push away the person, getting them off me.

"What the hell?!" I shriek, wiping me mouth.

When I see who it is, my eyes widen. "Jared?"

He grins, flicking his hair out of his eyes. "That was brave up there. Apologizing. I was right. You're not like other girls."

I laugh nervously. "So does this mean that you forgive me?"

He brings his face closer to mine, nodding. "You're forgiven, Mindy? Or should I say Mandy?"

"I like Mindy."

"Me too." Jared cocks his head to the smile. "And do you really love me?"

"Is it hard to believe?"

"Kind of." He chuckles, his lips now brushing against mine. "But you're in luck. I love you too."

My heart now feels like it's going to beat right out of my chest.

"I love you, Mindy." He says again, crushing his lips with mine. I smile and kiss him back, wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling him to me. I feel his tongue slip into my mouth as he deepens the kiss, his hands holding my face to his.

We keep kissing, not caring that we're missing 5th period or that anyone could walk by and see us.

None of that matters.

What matters is that we're together now.

And possibly...

Forever.

_____________

Author's Note: THE END!! sorry it had to end so soon. :( now I can focus on my other stories. There will be more coming soon! :) I've got this one planned that you'll absolutely love! Anyway, Comment Vote Fan!! Did you like this last chapter? Did it end good? Tell me!! xx Sorry again! Don't get mad at me! :/