554-556

Chapter 554: Jiang Yu Might Have Two Faces as Well

Lu Yuan choked.

She didn’t expect Jiang Chenglang to give such a reason.

So, he was so cautious of her because he was afraid of upsetting Jiang Yu?

If Lu Yuan hadn’t caused him to lose two big contracts in a row and suffer a reputation crisis, he wouldn’t have treated her and Jiang Yu so differently.

Even if Jiang Chenglang was closer to her, he wouldn’t have acted so openly in front of Jiang Yu. Moreover, he had never said such things before!

Lu Yuan suddenly felt a little angry.

However, it was just a small change in her rebirth. Jiang Wan, who was in her teens, had never played with her before. Now, it might not be the case.

Lu Yuan sorted out her thoughts and said with a smile on her face, “As expected, you dote very much on Little Sister. How you treated me in the past, now that your feelings have shifted to Jiang Yu, it’s even worse.

“Aiya, I’ve made Director Jiang unhappy again, haven’t I? After all, I mentioned the word ‘little sister’ in front of you again…”

Jiang Chenglang nodded and said, “Indeed. For example, there’s a word called ‘your younger sister’. It’s a derogatory term when it’s related to you or comes out of your mouth.”

Lu Yuan: “…”

D*mn it.

Was Jiang Chenglang also so mean when he was insulting others?

It had been a long time.

Her expression was a little broken, but Jiang Chenglang continued, “What’s the matter? Hurry up and say it.”

The smile on Lu Yuan’s face could no longer be maintained.

She simply threw away her calm appearance and said with a cold face, “Okay, then I’ll be straightforward. In the will, apart from saying that you will help me keep the shares, it also says that you need to maintain the market value of the Jiang group without letting it fall into decline.

“If the market value of the Jiang Group drops at the time that Director Jiang hands over the shares to me when I become an adult, I have the right to refuse to accept it. Moreover, I need you to bring the market value of the Jiang Group back to its original state. Director Jiang, you haven’t forgotten about this, have you?”

Jiang Chenglang didn’t care at all. “I haven’t forgotten. You came here to remind me of this old man’s trick of making me work for you?”

“Yes,” Lu Yuan said, “Since I’m going abroad, there must be a deadline, right? Two years is enough for President Jiang to run the company and bring it back up to scratch. You don’t want to work for me for so long, do you?”

She tilted her head, “I know. President Jiang must have other thoughts now, such as opening another company and becoming his own boss. Otherwise, with your talent, how could you be willing to marry someone else? Especially… an illegitimate daughter like me, who is despised by others.”

When she said this, there was no trace of shame in her eyes and she was calm and composed.

Jiang Chenglang’s expression was restrained.

He felt that Lu Yuan seemed to be different in some way.

Lu Yuan let go of her hand and placed her hands on the armrests on both sides of the chair.

“In order to make our cooperation pleasant, I have to trouble you to send me the information about the Jiang Group on a regular basis so that I can understand the development of the Jiang Group. It’s also much more convenient for me to take over the Jiang Group immediately after I come back from abroad. Are you okay with that?”