Unexpected Turn

As soon as they entered the room, Karan was engulfed into a tight hug. Monami kept her head on his heart, in order to calm herself. She was still crying, while Karan kept his hand on her back, and the other on her head. Karan was worried to look at her in this condition.

After a minute or two , Monami realised that she is supposed to be angry on Karan. So, she freed herself from the hug and walked past Karan.

Karan smiled at her antics and came closer to her , he then hugged her from behind.

K - gussa ho ?

Monami nodded her head.

K - i am sorry Monami. Mujhe lga tha ki agar main nhi bacha toh tum iss academy ko aur yahan ke log tumhe sambhal lenge. Par main galat tha , bahut galat , maine tumhare saath acha nhi kiya.

The guilt in his voice was dripping. She clearly understood his situation. The people whom he trusted so much, with whom he had been living backstabbed him, broke his trust. She knew what he was going through.

She cupped his face with her palms and planted a soft kiss on her forehead.

K - i am so sorry Monami.

Not being able to take the guilt, he kept his head on her lap , and buried his face into her stomach , while holding her waist tightly. She caressed his hair and he didn't realise when sleep overtook him. Monami smiled looking at his face and kissed him for the last time before drifting into a slumber.

The next day ,

Karan woke up to find himself in the arms of his love. His smiled faded when he looked at Monami's condition. Her body was leaned and face pale. He got up silently from her lap and laid her properly. He then brought a first aid kit to heal her wounds.

K(in mind) - i am so sorry , Monami. Tumhari yeh halat meri vajah se hui hai , I can't just forgive myself.

He thought while dressing her wounds. Unknown to him Monami was already awake and staring at his Khadoos Shergill lovingly.

After he was done dressing, he looked at her eyes and kissed the wounds.

K - i love you , Rani sahiba !

She blushed listening to his words.

K(smiled) - tumhe kuch kehna hai ?

She shook her head and ran away in the washroom. He admired her antics. She had always been a baby to him and will always remain the same.

He remembered the time when he proposed her .

Flashback :

' Monami , i really really love you ! Sirf tum voh ek ladki ho jise dekhte hi meri dhadkane tez ho jaati hai . Main apni saari zindagi tumhare naam karna chahta ho.
Will you be my better half ? '

Karan said while sitting on his knees.
She too sat on her knees and hugged him.

M(happily) - yes ,Karan. Yes , I'll marry you and i love you . I love you so much.

K - i promise you Monami , the day I'll be on knees for another girl , is the day I'll tie shoe lace for our daughter.

Monami was short of words after listening to what he said. This she felt was pure love and bliss. She couldn't say anything instead pull him into a kiss , pouring all her emotions in it.

Flashback ends.

He smiled at their moment and was about to head towards the washroom when Monami's phone rang. It was Nisha who called her , since they were good friends , he decided to pick her call up.

K - hello !?

N - Oye Karan , stupid , dumbo , pea brained ! Aisa koi karta hai kya ? Paagal , kitna darra diya tune hume. Bechari monu , pta hai tujhe voh kitna roi hai.

K - sorry , sorry madam. Gustakhi maaf.

N - chal , tu bhi kya yaad rakhega , maaf kiya.

K(sarcastically) - thank you !

N - acha , sunn Karan , Monami kahan hai ? Aur treatment kab shuru karna hai ?

K(shocked) - huh , treatment kis cheez ka treatment ?

N - what ? Monami ne tumhe btaya nhi kya ?

K - kya ? Kis baare me baat kar rhi ho, Nisha ? Meri , meri Monami thik toh hai na ? Kya hua hai usse ?

N - Karan voh , voh

K - Nisha , saaf saaf kaho , kya baat hai ?

N - Karan , yeh baat phone par karne wali nhi hai , main ek kaam karti ho  , ghar aa jaati ho , vahan beth kar baat karenge.

K - nhi , main tumhare hospital me hi aa rha ho. Phir vahan par aaram se beth kar baat karenge.

N - alright !

K - Monami , main aa rha ho abhi.

He informed Monami about his departure.

On his way ,

F - Karan , kahan jaa rhe ho ?

K - tumse matlab .

F - nhi pehle , toh hume bta kar jaate the na.

K - baat Monami se related hai , agar mujhse related hoti toh bta deta.

He said and left the academy.

-------------------------------

That's it for today!

Can you people guess what has happened to Monami ? Do comment your views.
Hope you liked this chapter , if you did please vote .

Word Count - 827

Keep reading and smiling.

Love ❤️
Yours Author.