A Step Ahead

Faizi was sitting in his room , burying his head in his palms. He was feeling guilty about his actions , how could he even think so low about Monami . He thought of apologising to Monami , so he left towards the mess area.

' Monami baccha , i am so sorry . Mujhe tum par yakeen karna chahiye tha , par maine kya kiya tumhe ki kasoor vaar thukra diya. Puttar , mujhe maaf kar de ' Mrs Batra said while apologising towards her.

Monami looked at her with pleading eyes and wiped her tears. She then left towards her room.

'agar Monami ne Batra ma'am ko maaf nhi kiya toh vo mujhe kyu maaf karegi. Voh toh Batra ma'am ki bahut respect karti hai , unki kahi baat kabhi nhi taalti. '

Faizi thought while looking at them.

In the room ,

Monami excitedly came towards their room. She saw Karan sleeping with her pillow. Mischievously , she pulled the pillow from his arms , he frowned at her actions. She climbed on him and sat on his stomach. She further bent towards his forehead , mouthed a good morning ,and kissed his forehead.

Karan woke up to see her excited , he smiled looking at her.

'Sorry , Mrs Shergill , it's good night'
He said while pulling her towards him , and making her lay on him.

He closed his eyes , but opened them once he realised that Monami was looking excited.

Excited ? Why ? Did she cook anything again ?

He knew she can't cook anything , she is so clumsy that she can even set the kitchen on fire.

' Rani Sahiba , aapne phir kuch bnaya hai kya ? '  he asked.

Monami glared him.

K - nhi mera matlab , tumhe apne inn soft haatho ko pareshan karne ki kya zaroorat hai , yeh toh sirf mujhe hug aur mere cheeks ke pull karne ke liye hai. Tumhe yeh sab karne ki kya zaroorat thi ?

He said while putting her hands on his cheeks , while she pulled his cheeks like a baby.

K(with a disinterested tone) - acha , btao na tumne kya bnaya hai ?

Monami made a cross with her fingers .

K (happily) - tumne kuch nhi bnaya !? Haash ! Bach gya.

Monami looked at him with anger filled eyes.

K - acha , meri baat suno , voh Nisha ki ek bahut important surgery hai , toh voh tumhara treatment agle hafte start karegi.

Monami frowned and then turned her face. Karan turned her towards him.

K - kya hua Monu ?

She nodded her head in no. Her frown turned into a smile , when she remembered something.

K - kya hua ?

Monami started playing with his shirt's button , while Karan wrapped his hands around her and kissed her temple.

K- now , why is Mrs Shergill showing me her 32 teeth ?

Monami smiled , joined her hands and craddled them like a baby.

K - kya , tumhe baccha chahiye ?

He said with shocking eyes. He cupped his own face .

Monami refused .

K - toh ?

She ran towards the study table and wrote on a paper.

' I want a dog , Karan '

K - no way , tumhe pehle hi mujhe apna time nhi deti , aur ab yeh dog. Main iss dog ko humare beech me nhi aane dunga.

He said pouting like a 5 years old toddler.

She pulled Karan closer and kissed him on his cheeks.

K - no Monami , yeh buttering nhi chalne wali.

Monami got furious , she picked his pillow and threw it on the couch.

K - tum chahti ho ki main couch par sone jau. Thik hai par main dog ko yahan rehni ki permission nhi dunga.

She then went towards the couch , picked up his pillow and then threw it on the floor.

K - haww , ek kutte ke liye tum apne pati ko yahan floor par sone ke liye keh rhi ho. Bas itna hi pyaar !?

This made her angry , she simply went towards the washroom , and bang the door.

Karan chuckled , he loved irritating his wife.

---------------------------------------------------

That's it for today !
Will see you guys soon.

I really hope you liked the chapter , if you did please vote and comment down your views.

Word count - 673

Keep reading and smiling.

Love ❤️
Yours Author.