Painful times

Karan was lying on the floor , where Monami had pushed him. He saw Monami falling from the balcony. His body went cold. His mind was blank. There were goons hitting him on his stomach , but it didn't matter to him. Because his lifeline , his love was struggling to live.

He got up , pushed everyone who came in his way. He tumbled down the stairs , falling and hitting himself. He stood up and ran out of the building. The moment he reached the garden , he was looking for his wife madly.

There she was lying lifeless. He saw Monami gasping for air. Blood oozing out from her arms, legs and her head. He kept on looking at her without blinking his eyes. He couldn't believe what just happened a few moments ago .

Seeing Karan , Monami extended her hand towards him. Reality stuck him. He ran towards Monami.

' Monami ' he shouted.

He pulled her and hugged her tight to his chest. He then peppered soft kisses on her head.

K(almost whispering) - Monami , Monami ! Tumhe kuch nhi hoga , huh ? Tum bilkul thik ho jaaungi , main tumhe mujhe chodd kar kahi jaane nhi dunga.

He held her tightly when he felt her uneven breath on his neck. With two sharp breaths , she lost her consciousness.

K - Monami !

Not feeling her move , he looked at her pulling her off him.

He frowned looking at her motionless body. He then smiled.

K - Monami , tum tum prank kar rhi ho na mere saath. Mujhe pta hai tum mere saath mazak kar rhi ho.

He started laughing.

K - bahut acha prank hai Monami. Tum aur Sid mile hue ho na iss sab me. Sab pta hai mujhe.

Faizi came running toward the park.When Karan pushed him and came running , he knew something was wrong. The moment he came , he saw Monami lying there.

F - Karan ! Karan , hume jaldi Monami ko hospital le kar jaana pdega. Jaldi chalo , Karan.

He said holding Monami's hand.

K - shh , faizi. Chup ho ja , kuch nhi hua mere Monami ko , voh aur Sid mil kar mujhe paagal bna rhe hai , yeh sab unka prank hai.

F(whispered) - Karan !

K - meri Monami toh mujhe kabhi chodd kar jaa hi nhi sakti , yeh sab usne hi plan kiya tha , haina ?

Till the time , Sid also came there running.

S - monu !

He shouted.
He quickly came and picked her in his arms.

K - yeh kya kar rhe ho Sidhart !? Meri Monami ko kahan le kar jaa rhe ho ?

He said blocking their way. Sid was shocked to see his jeez bro like this.

Faizi had to intervene and he shook Karan .

F - Karan , hosh me aao , Monami ko chot lgi hai , hume usse hospital le jaana hoga.

He realised what just happened.

K (his voice was breaking)  - Faizi , mon... Monami toh balco.....balcony se giri thi. Hum...hume usse hospital le jaana hoga.

He quickly went behind Sid.

They soon reached the hospital. Monami was being taken to the operation theatre.
Karan ran along with the strecher besides her holding her hand.

D - aap humare saath andar nhi aa sakte.

K- nhi , main aaunge . Monami ko meri zaroorat hai.

D - dekhiye samjhne ki koshish kijiye , patient ki haalat bahut critical hai.

K - ss... sorry.

He muttered looking at the closed door.

He sat on the floor closing his eyes and leaning to the wall. Till then , other people from the academy also came.

Mrs Batra came and put her hand on his head , caressing his hair. He opened his eyes and looked at her.

Mrs B - puttar , aise himmat mat haar. Main tujhe humesha se kehti ho na , ki bhagwaan ne hum sab ki jodiyan bna rakhi hai taki agar  koi ek kamzor pde , toh doosra usse sambhal le. Ab vahi time hai beta , tumhe Monami ke liye ldna hoga. Apne pyaar par bharosa rakh , puttar.

Karan nodded and wiped his tears.

After what seemed like hours , The doctor came out of the Operation theatre grabbing everyone's attention.
Karan was the first one to ask ,

K - Doctor , Monami Monami thik toh hai na !?

D - ab patient thik hai , thoda weakness hoga unhe , due to huge blood loss and a fracture of the right hand. With proper food and medications she'll be fine soon.

The doctor said and moved away.

Karan smiled and took a breath of relief. He was immediately engulfed in a hug by Sidsa and Koezi.

F - janaab ji , mohatarma thik hai ab.

K - Sanju , attackers ka kuch pta chla ?

Sanju - Sir ji , jaanch partaal chal rho hai , hum turant se pehlo unn mujrimo ko dhoondhte hao.

-----------------------------------

That's it for today !
Hope you guys liked this chapter.
Do vote and comment down your views.

Word count - 791

Keep reading and smiling.

Love ❤️
Yours Author.