3

Rose Vila Wheeler

         Eddie Munson. That's his name. The kid that was my sixteen year olds self dealer. Everybody called him "The Freak". But he can't be still in high school, no way. I mean I've known he wasn't so bright on grades but there's no way he's still in high school.

   "How do you know who Eddie is?" Dustin asked confused by my reaction.

"What the hell do you mean? I went to school with Eddie, how do you know him?" I look back and fourth between them, "He got held back, dude sucks at school." He got held back again?

I sigh, "What do I get out of this if I do go play your dumb game with you guys?"

"I don't know? I'll get Eddie to hook you up with more weed- or whatever." Mike mutters, my eyes widen, "Mike! Are you smoking with him?! And I don't even smoke weed!"

"What? No! Smoking stunts your growth, gross ew no. And I heard you talking about needing weed with Nancy last night!" I turn to Dustin and raise my brows.

He quickly shakes his head, "No not me I swear! My mom would kill me if she smelt that on me! Like I'd be dead- like dead serious! Plus, Eddie- Eddie doesn't even bring that stuff around us because he knows that you're Mikes's siste-"

"Eddie remembers me?" I cut Dustin off turning to back to Mike.

"Well not like that, he just knows of you because of my last name."

I fiddle with my bottom lip with my two fingers.

I have a lot to consider here, I know Jonathan is totally kidding about the whole giving me weed thing because one, Nancy would kill both of us, and two he doesn't want that influence on me.

And I really need something to calm me down, and Eddie has some, and he does have pretty good deals for his stuff.

So...

"Give me the shirt." I huff.

They both look at each other and smile, Dustin hands me the shirt and I willingly take it.

"Geez, do you guys just carry these things around or something?" I ask throwing it over my shirt I have under.

"Yeah, stocked up." Dustin says.

I untuck my hair so falls behind my shoulders and I follow them out the door and the instant crowd cheering from the game becomes apparent to my ears.

I'll have to explain all of this to Robin and Steve. I feel bad, but I really need that weed.

"Hey, why aren't you guys watching Lucas play?" I ask as we walk by the gymnasium.

"Because Eddie refused to move the Dagor Dagorath to another day so we're doing it now. And Lucas couldn't play so now you are. And plus Lucas never plays in those games anyway, he's always benched."

"Mike. What the fuck is a Dagor Dagor- whatever?"

He sighs and turns to me, "It's the final battle. You need to know this stuff Rose!"

"Sorry excuse me for actually having a social life." I roll my eyes and he opens another door revealing a dim room with red lit lights and a table surrounded by a bunch of dweebs.

The hell am I getting myself into?

"Welcome in." Dustin says with a proud smile.

I pinch my eyes shut and hunch my back over as Mike pushes me in the room. And he shuts the door, and locks it.

There he leaves my only option of freedom. I can't escape.
I have to stay here for eternity.
I know nothing about dnd, but I do know that these games last for fucking ever.
And I do not want to sit here forcing myself to memorize how to play.