22

Eddie Munson

I feel her stop trying to fight my hold and she rests in my arms.

Confused, I let go of her and turn her towards me to see her touching her nose watching the blood on her fingers.

No. Why the fuck does her nose keep bleeding.

"Rose, are- are you okay do you need me to get something for you?..." I question panicked.

"I just- I need to get Nancy I think..." She says in a hazy voice.

I blink my eyes in confusion, I'm totally lost and I have no idea what to do at all.

"Rose stand up!" She begins to sink into my chest like she's fainting.
I shake her arms and I set us down lifting her head to see her eyes closed.

"Rose open your eyes!" I yell shaking her.

I check for her pulse and thankfully it's still there. She must have fainted.

"Eddie what's going on!?" Robin yells looking to me and looking back at the ceiling towards Nancy.

"I don't- I don't know!? She just... passed out!?" I yell back moving the hair out of Rose's face.

Dustin runs over to me and crouches down feeling Rose's body temperature, "What do you mean she just passed out Eddie!?"

I sigh stressed out, "I mean that she just got a bloody nose and passed out!" I reaffirm.

"Put her on the couch and I'll get tissue!" Dustin says and I instantly lift Rose up carrying her bridal style holding her head so her neck doesn't hang.

I gently set her down on the couch and watch as Dustin runs over with tissue for her nose. 

I thank him and I watch as he runs back over to the others and I set her head onto my lap and I begin to clean the blood off of her.

Every once in a while I check back at the others to see them still panicking about Nancy.

I really hope Nancy makes it out of there, but I can't let Rose watch her own sister die, I can't allow it.
And I won't watch it either.

So right now my main focus is her on my lap and I'm just gonna pretend like everything is fine.

"What her favorite song!?"
"I don't know we don't have a damn Walkman Steve!" Dustin yells back in a distance.
"Yes we do Max has one right now!"
"Oh yeah let's take Max's Walkman and have her get cursed again because I'm sure Nancy's favorite song is Kate Bush!"

Rose gasps for air and she opens her eyes springing up from my lap in a panic like she's just had a nightmare.

She looks to me confused before she takes in all of her surroundings and she sees the others gasping in relief and she hurries over to them.

"Nancy?" She says confused before she stops and looks at the ceiling portal.

I stand next to her to see Nancy collapse into Steve's arms as he holds her against him tight, stroking her head and I watch as he shuts his eyes and kisses her forehead.

I look to Rose to see her with her hand to her heart breathing heavily and turning away to pull me into her and she allows me to hug her.

To hug her tight.
To hug her fully.
So I hold onto her like it's my last breath.
Like it's my last time.
Like she in my arms is my only way of living.
Like she brings all the comfort in the world.
Like she's the truth I've been searching for.
Like she's every pretty lie I've told.