Chapter III

The day after, when he went to work on the morning, Kazuha asked his model friends Hu Tao and Ganyu if they were going to the dinner.

"- Yup !" answered Hu Tao. " I can't wait for it, it will be my first party of that kind ! I hope I can take Yanyan with me though..."

Despite her extrovert personality, Hu Tao was only 19 years old and pretty new to the model industry. She met her girlfriend Yanfei in a random bar a year ago. Kazuha didn't know all he details but he heard that Hu Tao immediately liked her when they met and that she clung to her until Yanfei accepted to hang out with her. The young man wondered how anyone could be able to stand Hu Tao on a daily basis but Yanfei looked like a strong girl and seemed to really like Hu Tao so everything was good.

Ganyu answered with her soft voice :

"- Yes, I am coming too. It will probably be interesting, I think..."

Ganyu was 25 years old but didn't look like she was because of her shy personality. She was really beautiful but didn't like to be the center of attention, despite being a model. She was single but Kazuha always saw her blushing when her childhood friend Keqing went to visit her at the studio. Kazuha heard it was Keqing who introduced her friend to Yae, as she felt Ganyu had the potential to become a model. Keqing was the daughter of a famous filmmaker but he didn't know anything more about her.

Kazuha learned that Yae and Kokomi were invited too, being the managers of the model agency, and they could bring someone with them, so Yae invited Yoimiya since Ei was invited too, and Yoimiya was truly appreciated among the agency's staff, and Kokomi invited her boyfriend Gorou because despite being Kazuha's personal manager, he wasn't invited like Yoimiya.

As they were chatting, Kazuha couldn't help but ask a question to Yae :

"- Shouldn't Scaramouche come today ? Since he couldn't do the shooting yesterday...

- Oh, you're right ! He should come this afternoon actually ! Why, you wanted to see him ?

- Quite the opposite, actually ! Would that be possible to finish my shooting this morning ?

- Oh, sure... Did something happen ? You looked like you appreciated each other..."

Kazuha wanted to tell the truth but he remembered he swore he would keep Scaramouche's true personality a secret, and he was scared of what the young man could do to him if he broke the promise. And he also needed to spread the rumor that they were good friends.

"- Oh, no, no nothing happened ! Actually, I, uh, I think that if I'm here, he will lose his concentration, if we begin to chat and everything, uh, yeah !"

Yae's face turned to a suspicious expression.

"Oh no ! Did she understand we can't stand each other ?"

"- Tell me, you really met yesterday, right ? You didn't go above friendship already ?"

Kazuha blushed immediately when he realized what Yae was implying.

"What is she thinking about ?? Our relationship isn't supposed to be like that ! And it will never anyways !"

(For your information, to answer Kazuha's question about what Yae was thinking about, she was telling herself that her and Ei hadn't even begun to try and intervene in their relationship that it was already more developed than they thought...)

"- We didn't !" Kazuha shouted. "And we will never ! We are just friends, that's all !"

Yae still looked suspicious but the young man looked like he was honest so she didn't insist more.