Chapter VI

The next morning, Kazuha woke up early enough to be sure not to be late. He didn't want Scaramouche to be in an even worst mood than usual.

And surprisingly, he managed to arrive at the model agency five minutes early.

When Kazuha greeted him, Gorou couldn't even answer as he was too shocked to speak.

"- Ka- Kazu, you- you are... early ? What happened to you ??"

The light-haired young man only laughed at his friend's reaction.

"- Haha, I am myself not really sure why I managed to be early... Such a mystery !"

Gorou frowned. He knew his friend had something changed. He knew him since childhood and he could say he was different than usual. But this didn't look like a bad thing.

Kazuha passed in front of him, almost running, and only turned back to smile at his best friend.

"- Well, let's go !"

Gorou slowly nodded and followed him, very surprised by his friend's behavior.

°°°

Scaramouche was already fixing everything with Beidou and Ningguang, the photographers, when he saw Kazuha enter the studio.

He double-checked his watch before looking back at the young man who was smiling at him as he was coming towards him.

He then let a smirk appear on his face when Kazuha arrived near him.

"- Wow, I didn't know I could scare you enough to make you be early !"

Scaramouche observed with pleasure a pink color appear on Kazuha's face.

"- I-It's not because of you ! I just happened to, uh, wake up early today !

- Sure, sure..."

Kazuha could see Scaramouche didn't believe him but he couldn't do anything against it so he decided to brush it off for now.

"- Hum ! Anyway, are you ready for the photo shoot ?" asked Kazuha.

"- I should be the one asking you this question..." answered Scaramouche. "Actually, we were just waiting for you, Ningguang and Beidou are already here !"

Kazuha looked behind Scaramouche and waved to Beidou and Ningguang.

The two women had been married for a couple of years, and they both had a passion for photography, so they had decided to form a company. Beidou was managing the technical part while Ningguang managed the placement of the models and the scenery. Their company had been working with Yae's model agency for some time now. They were a solid couple and were very nice to everyone.

"- Hey kiddo !" exclaimed Beidou. "Ready for the photoshoot ?

- Don't worry", added Ningguang. "We will make sure everything is perfect for you !"

Kazuha nodded with a smile. The two women had always been very nice to him, but also very protective, so despite their age gap not being that important (the two women were 28), they were pretty much mothers for him.

They began the photoshoot, Scaramouche's new music album had a pretty dark theme so they had to wear dark clothes and look mysterious. This made Kazuha laugh a little because he thought this accentuated Scaramouche's tsundere side, but he didn't make any comment.

Beidou and Ningguang prepared and took some photos of Kazuha alone, then Scaramouche alone and finally one with the both of them on it.

Luckily, thought Scaramouche, they didn't have to get too close or anything. Well, he was the one managing the music album, so he had made sure of it. He couldn't stand being too close to that Kaedehara guy.