Chapter V

As Scaramouche got out of the storage room, he understood why Kazuha left so fast. The dark-haired young man forgot for a moment that the young heir had to deliver a speech since he was a guest of honor.

And Kazuha was already stepping on the stage, a new champagne flute in his hands.

Scaramouche sighed. Would that man never learn from his mistakes ? Still, he wasn't completely sure Kazuha acted like he did in the storage room because he was drunk, so he let it slide. And he looked up at the young man as he began his speech :

"- Good evening everyone ! I hope you are all doing well, as for me, I am definitely, even if that may be linked to this delicious champagne !"

Everyone in the big hall laughed at what he said, and he laughed along. The only one not laughing was Scaramouche as he tried to contain his murderous impulse.

"- Anyways, I would first like to thank our dear president, he helps a lot managing this company, and it's a pleasure working with him ! Since I represent the Kaedehara company tonight, I want to thank him for everyone working with us ! Now, if I am here tonight in my grandfather's stead, it is because I have something to announce. My grandfather has been managing the Kaedehara company for a long time, so he has decided to retire after so many years of his amazing work, and leave this company to me. Of course, this is a long process, but I will make sure to not disappoint any of you as the new head of the Kaedehara company !"

Everyone in the room applauded to this announcement. It seemed everyone was perfectly okay with that.

"Well", thought Scaramouche, "He's young, he's attractive, he's talented, he comes from a renowned family and everyone has high expectations for him, so this reaction is understandable... I just wonder how he manages everything without having a breakdown... Well I suppose I could ask myself the same question..."

Kazuha carried on his speech, thanking various people. And then he said something very surprising.

"- I would also like to thank my dear friend, the famous idol Scaramouche, here tonight, who helped me so much with his valuable friendship to overcome everything ! I couldn't be more grateful to him, so thank you very much !"

Kazuha said all that while looking and smiling at Scaramouche like he had just seen some kind of god. The dark-haired man was absolutely mortified at what Kazuha just said. Did he like that much being so obvious ? But he had to smile gently since everyone was looking at him. He even allowed himself to wink and salute Kazuha like he would do with a fan of his. But deep down inside, he was cursing Kazuha over and over for acting so dumb. He just hoped Kazuha would notice it and stop acting like that.

"God damn it, I'm regretting so much my decision to become closer to him... Why did you do that, Kunikuzushi ?"

Scaramouche was so desperate he began talking to himself.

°°°

The party went on, and Kazuha was still talking and laughing with all these important people.

Despite what he might look like, he didn't really enjoy this kind of parties, but he knew he had to participate in these anyways. He had resigned himself to this for a long time already, and he knew how to act in this kind of situations, so he managed to look happy and comfortable.

But he noticed someone wasn't as comfortable as him. Scaramouche was looking daggers at him for some time, despite displaying a nice smile on his face. Kazuha already noticed it during his speech, especially when he talked about him, but he hadn't stopped since.

The light-haired man was wondering if Scaramouche was looking at him like that because he wanted him to notice he was mad or if it wasn't intentional. But even knowing very few about the other man, Kazuha was still sticking to the first option since that fit him very well.