Chapter XVI

The two young men took the subway to the city center and quickly got to Scaramouche's apartment. It was a pretty big and comfortable place. The idol made tea for two and they sat on the big couch.

Kazuha was still looking at the floor. Since he shot his father, the boy hadn't looked at Scaramouche once and seemed fascinated by his own feet. Well, the idol could understand that.

Since Kazuha didn't make a noise, Scaramouche took a big breath and began to talk.

And he talked, for a long time. 

He told Kazuha everything about his clan. His lonely childhood, the day he learnt that his mother would never come back, the harsh treatment he received from his father. The education he received from his father and the brainwashing he didn't realize he was receiving. How he killed his first victim. The disgust he felt against himself when he realized he didn't feel anything about ending someone else's life.

He told Kazuha how Ei helped him to maintain himself at the surface and not drown in this endless cycle of death. How she offered him to become an idol. How he didn't realize it was probably the only thing keeping him mentally sane. And how he decided to never ever trust anyone anymore when he realized his girlfriend only dated him for his fame and money.

Scaramouche realized how good it felt to talk to someone else. How good it felt to have someone listening to you. How good it felt to let out everything he had inside him for so long.

Kazuha slowly raised his head while the other boy was talking. He was slowly realizing that Scaramouche really didn't have an easy life and was a stranger to happiness. He didn't even have any good memory to remember when he felt down like Kazuha. But there Kazuha was, involving him in his own problems.

Scaramouche stopped talking when he saw Kazuha moving. The light-haired young man buried his face in his hands.

"- I'm such, such a bad person... I'm so, so sorry for what I did to you, we should have never met anyways, it would have been better for you..."

Scaramouche quietly chuckled.

"- I haven't finished telling you everything. You know, I met someone who changed my life..."

Kazuha raised his head, but still not looking into the other's eyes.

"- ...You."

Scaramouche gently cupped Kazuha's face, encouraging him to look into his eyes. Finally, the space blue met the cherry red.

The dark-haired boy smiled softly, keeping his eyes locked into the other's. And he spoke again.

"- This boy," he said, "looked annoying. He seemed too happy, too innocent. But he could also be sly and mischievous. He was at the same time very famous and a completely normal person. He could be as serious as funny. He could be as attractive as a pain in the ass. But he was unique. He became my one and only sunshine. He gave me the hope to change and stop drowning. And I fell, hard."

Kazuha didn't speak. He could only look into the other's magnificent eyes and try to understand what was happening. 

There was a long silence where the two young men just looked at each other in a comfortable silence. Scaramouche was smiling softly, an expression Kazuha had rarely seen on him, but it fit him perfectly.

And then Kazuha decided to speak.

"- ...I haven't told you everything either. And I want to, now."

So it was his turn to relate his story.

He talked about his dear family, his mother, his father, and his two siblings : a younger sister and an older brother. He talked about all the good memories he had with them : they were living comfortably along with his grandfather, as a rich family would. And then he talked about the day where everything was took from him : everything that made him happy disappeared right before his eyes. He talked about the promise he made to his family, but especially to himself : he would get his revenge one day and make the responsible pay for this.

He then talked about how he decided to go back to his active life and help his grandfather with the company. He wanted to stop thinking about his family. He talked about how he became a model and made his first friends. He also talked about his meeting with Heizou, and how he made his life difficult, but fun in a way.

"-... And then I met you. A disagreeable guy, the most tsundere-acting person I've ever met... You kept rejecting me and then coming back... And I guess I did the same. And yet, I kept expecting more and more. Every night, I was waiting for the day after where I would meet you again. I always dreamt about you and kept denying why it happened. I still can't believe you don't hate me for everything, but if you fell, then I crashed hard on the ground."

Scaramouche felt the tears coming up, so he quickly took Kazuha in his arms. The younger boy hugged him back.

"- I could never be mad at you", Scaramouche whispered. "You did what I should have done ages ago, and allowed me to turn a big page in my life. Now I can't even imagine it without you. It would feel so empty... You see, Kazuha, I know it will be hard, but I'm sure we can overcome any obstacle as long as we are together. So please, don't ever, ever leave me, okay ?

- Okay, I swear. I count on you to stay with me too.

- Of course."

Scaramouche couldn't help but begin to sob a little. Hearing it, Kazuha broke the hug, because he didn't want to remember the tears but the happiness instead. He gave Scaramouche a sweet smile.

"- I still need to take my revenge though !

- ...For what ?" asked Scaramouche, a little lost.

"- For last time, in the park. I wanted to be the one making the first move you know !" 

Kazuha chuckled and Scaramouche felt his cheeks redden.

"- So, do I have your permission, Scara ?

- Of course !"

Kazuha smiled at this answer. He grabbed this fragile face with care (he feared he would damaged it if he held it too strong), and looked into these space blue eyes again.

Their faces got closer, and closer. Scaramouche instinctively closed his eyes. Kazuha took the time to admire with his eyes and his fingers the delicate skin he could feel, and then his soft pink lips.

Finally, they connected. It was sweet, but passionate. Different from the first kiss, but better. More sensual, but filled with love. 

For the first time, they were alone, with nothing to worry about. For the first time, the only thing they had to think about was the person they were sharing their feelings with. For the first time, they had someone who accepted them as a whole person, as who they were completely.

For the first time, they were at peace. And happy.

°°°°°°°°°°

Hey ! I was inspired and wrote this, so here you go ! Finally our dear boys are together and happy ! All's well that ends well ! (except if next chapter they get into an accid- hum, nothing !)

I'll write a couple more chapter that will probably feel like bonuses or epilogues, but this story isn't completely finished !

Well then, take care and see you next time !

°°°°°°°°°°

Published : November 17th 2022

Words : 1232