Chapter X

When Kazuha got up the next morning, the first thing he did was check his phone to see if he had received any text from Scaramouche. But there was none. Kazuha was missing his overly sarcastic and mean texts. He was missing his whole person actually, now that he wasn't even sure Scaramouche would want to see him again.

But what he found on his phone were tons of Instagram and Twitter notifications, all from private messages asking him about his relationship with Scaramouche. He eventually found the original photography, and sighed when he saw Heizou was the one who took it. That guy would never leave him alone...

This wasn't the kind of notifications Kazuha wanted to see, so when he realized that, he just wanted to go back to his bed and sleep right now. There were probably already tons of articles about him, being now the youngest billionaire in the entire world, who had just been discovered kissing another boy. Kazuha just didn't want to imagine all the journalists asking him if he was gay and other question like that that he wasn't even able to answer when he was asking them to himself.

"Should I go to work today ? I mean, I pretty much have to, but I don't want to go to the model agency..."

There was no certitude Scaramouche would be here since he was originally working at the idol agency, but Kazuha didn't know how he would react if he bumped into him suddenly. So he decided to go to the main building of the Kaedehara company and check everything up, after all this was his job now that he was the new head of the company.

The young man reluctantly got up and prepared, said goodbye to his grandfather and grabbed some toast before leaving. The Kaedehara main building was quite far so Kazuha decided to take the subway even if he didn't like it. He had made sure to wear a mask and put the hood of his purple hoodie on, and put on some sunglasses too, but he still felt watched as the subway was going to his stop.

Kazuha got out of the subway as soon as he could and hurried to the main building. At the entrance, he removed the glasses, the mask and the hoodie, an as soon as they recognized him, the armed men who served as security immediately let him pass.

The young man went through the workspaces on the 40th floor where he had his office, and could feel the stares on him as he was walking through. But he knew the people here were too scared of being fired to ask him about what they probably saw on the net. So Kazuha just smiled at them gently, noticing some women blush as he did so.

When he arrived in his giant office, there was some secretary he had never seen waiting for him.

"- Good morning Mr Kaedehara. It is a pleasure meeting you. My name is Yun Jin and I will be your personal secretary from now on."

Kazuha greeted the young woman and chuckled

"- No need to be so formal ! I think we're about the same age, so don't worry too much about it !"

Yun Jin seemed surprised but happy when she heard that.

"- Oh, okay... Then, may I ask why are you here today of all days ? If it is not too indelicate to ask...

- Oh, sure, I just... felt like it..."

Kazuha felt silent. He kept denying the fact that the only reason he had decided not to ignore his responsibilities today was because he wanted to think about something else and forget about what happened the day before. But every time he stopped moving and thinking about his work, the memory of Scaramouche kissing him, and then his horrified face and him running away came back. And he didn't know how to feel about it.

"- Mr Kaedehara ? Is everything okay ?

- Oh, I'm sorry... I have some things on my mind...

- Oh, sure, I can't even guess how busy you must be ! Please rely on me for anything !

- Thank you very much Yun Jin, you are already being very helpful to me !

- Haha, that's my job after all !"

The young woman seemed really reliable and could make a very good friend. Kazuha already appreciated her.

°°°

Kazuha spent the morning learning more about what he needed to now as the head of the company. He learned that Yun Jin's father had been his grandfather's secretary, so Yun Jin was pretty knowledgeable about this. She helped him a lot, making some tea to motivate them, showing him where did every file belonged to, and chatting with him, which helped him thinking about something else. Well... trying at least.

Kazuha also learned more about Yun Jin. She was born in a pretty wealthy family, and had been prepared to work for the Kaedehara family since she was a child, but he actual dream was to become a renowned opera singer. She even sung a song to Kazuha and he had to admit she was really good. Yun Jin also had a dear friend to her who motivated her to make her dream become true, by helping her to meet some important people in the music world, as she was herself a quite famous guitarist. Kazuha couldn't help but notice Yun Jin's face getting a little red when she was talking about her friend.

°°°

Kazuha spent the whole day working with Yun Jin helping him. It made him feel good actually fulfilling his duties, and he really tried to change his mind and only think about work. But he knew that when the night would come, when he was alone in his bedroom, his mind would automatically come back to Scaramouche, again and again.

°°°

Kazuha was exhausted when he eventually came back home. Yun Jin insisted to call a car to drive him home and he didn't have the strength to refuse. He thanked to young woman and left. When he was home, he dashed off to his room and fell on his bed. He didn't even take the time to change and just slipped under his covers before falling into a deep slumber that was, as he expected, full of Scaramouche.

°°°

The assassin was in his bathroom, trying to wash the blood off his hands, and cursing over it not going away. He was getting way too much missions lately, the only things he saw all day were dead bodies, and honestly, he was getting annoyed by it. But even more because of the dried blood that took so much effort to make it go away.

But as he was vigorously washing his hands, he heard a knock at his door. He sighed. Probably a servant asking him to meet his father again.

"- Yeah, come in..."

He heard the sound of the door and began drying off his hands to see who it was when he heard that voice.

"- It's me, Kunikuzushi."

His eyes widened, and he ran out of the bathroom to stare at the person who just came in.

"- Father ?? What are you doing here on your own ??"

His father smiled, with a smile even more terrifying than it used to be.

"- I have a mission for you."

°°°°°°°°°°

Published : September 18th 2022

Words : 1216