2.Fluff - Romeo and Juliet

Eddie was known as "the freak" in School.
Of course it wasn't the best title he could think of but he always tried to see the best in things wich was why he used his status to always do what he pleased.
It wasn't like anybody would care anyways so as he heard that the school searched for new people for the theatre club, he instantly went there to get a place.
He had enough time for it since his DND club didn't have many meetings and he also hadn't have much friends.
To his surprise, he instantly got a role in one of Shakespeare's well known pieces, Romeo and Juliet, as the role of tybalt.
Tybalt was the cousin of Juliet who would die because of Romeo and honestly, Eddie was kinda proud of getting a role so fast.
So one day he went home to his friend that got out of school last year , Steve Harrington, and asked him for help to learn his lines.
Steve instantly said yes and let him in, not even knowing what Eddie's role really did in the play.
He was just happy to see him again.
As Eddie entered Steve's way to big house, he did what he always do for when he went to Steve's- he tightly hugged Steve for a moment before letting go to go to his room with him.
Steve kind of got used to it and knew why Eddie only hugged him inside the hiding walls of Steve's home.
Eddie was openly queer in the middle 80s and it was dangerous for him to be seen hugging someone of the same sex.
It was ironic to Steve that Eddie and him now tried to learn the lines for Romeo and Juliet while their love- wich was totally platonic of course- also was outcasted and forbidden in their village like the love that Romeo and Juliet must've had.
He giggled at the thought.
Eddie gave him a weird look as if he asked what was so funny so Steve explained:„ the only difference between Romeo and Juliet and us two is that they are straight and they had a huge age gap. We are literally the less problematic version." He laughed but soon noticed how bad that came out.
He didn't want Eddie to only feel seen by his sexuality and he made it sound as if- only because they were guys, they would be together.
Or maybe Steve was just making it more dramatic as it actually is.
Either way, they now started with reading the texts that Eddie brought with him so he could learn them and by now, they didn't have much.
Eddie was very forgetful and Steve was dyslexic, meaning he wasn't the fastest reader, so they both were literally the worst choices for learning a script to an act of such an old play.
After some time has passed on them hopelessly reading, Steve yawned out while saying:„ Damn why can't you just improvise on stage? And you'd probably be a way better Juliet anyway. Hair already fits."
Eddie burst out in laughter and wondered if Steve was drunk or anything just for saying that until he realised that he meant what he said.
He looked at him in disbelief, still not quite taking it serious and asked:„ I would be Juliet? Well that makes you my way too old partner, Romeo."
A shit-eating grin spread on his face when he noticed the amount of red blush across Steve's face.
They both started laughing and giggling but Steve couldn't help but look at the small gab between Eddie's front teeth and the curve on his upper lip.
He thought about kissing him but he was scared.
Eddie totally was out his league with his fancy curly hair and- NO
He noticed the weird stares he probably gave his friend and quickly looked away and hoped that Eddie didn't notice it.
To his luck, Eddie did notice, but in a good way.
Eddie felt exactly the same about Steve, fantasizing about Steve's perfectly styled hair, his small and nearly unnoticeable freckles, (his hairy chest) and how Steve sometimes drifted out of reality like before and just blankly stared at him.
But he also felt as if he wasn't in his league.
Steve seemed too perfect to fall in love with a metalhead and queer freak like Eddie Munson.
But Eddie never backed up ever again after the vecna-incident.
He didn't ever want to feel so helpless like that ever again so he just ignored all his feelings that told him to stop what he was doing and got closer to his Romeo.
Only a few centimetres before his face, he stopped.
He wanted to kiss him so badly but not without his consent so he quietly asked with his breath on Steve's lips:" can I kiss you, Romeo?"
Steve smiled again and nodded, not quite believing if he was dreaming or not and closed the gap between them.

____________________________________________

(837 words)
This is the first version without rereading so please tell me if I made any mistakes!!