5. (not sure what genre) hickeys

(steve and Eddie are together but haven't told anyone yet because they are scared to get hate-crimed)

Steve had always loved to show Eddie small signs of affection like quick Kisses on the neck when no-one was looking or getting him his favourite foods (pbj sandwiches and ice-cream).
But those things developed into more sometimes, even though it was always totally romantic and not meant sexually.
Soon those small kisses on the neck became a thing on how they both quickly disappeared in small alleyways or in a different room and lead to Steve leaving small purple hickeys on Eddie's collarbone and neck where he could hide it with his hair.
He was always careful to only add them where no-one could see it, so nobody would ask questions or worse.

But one day, after one of their little sessions, they sat together with robin, Nancy, Dustin and will on the couch (and the floor because they were too much for the sofa) to watch a movie, as Dustin, who sat on the floor right under Steve and Eddie, looked suspiciously up to them and asked without thinking much about it:„ what's that on your neck, Eddie?"
Eddie felt how his cheeks started burning as he tried to find a kid-friendly answer.
He also could've sworn that Steve and him were really careful at hiding, even if he had to admit that as the time went by, they weren't that worried about hiding.
Steve noticed how nervous Eddie was and tried to help by saying:„ oh that's just a mark. Because... He ran against a wall..?" Only after talking he noticed how unbelievably stupid that was.

The others now also turned around, in concern if Eddie got hurt and if it maybe was because of an old bruise from the upside down or he really just ran against something.
As robin and Nancy saw the bruise though, they knew that this wasn't a regular wound you'd get from an inability of walking correctly.
They weren't immature kids after all.
But only robin understood who probably got Eddie that 'bruise' and she looked at Steve, knowing how scared they must've felt in that moment.
It's not easy to live as gay people in the 80's, especially in a relationship.
You want to show how much you love and trust your partner but how would you do that when your love was seen as something bad and demonic?
In reality, nobody in that group really cared with what gender their friends would be with.
They had bigger things to worry about than who slept with what gender, like all that upside down shit and the vecna incidents.
It would be different if Mike would be in the group though, he really would've called them a slur or worse.
If he'd knew that his best friend is gay and his whole friendgroup is completely chill with it, he'd probably loose it.
Since he wasn't with them though, Steve and Eddie wouldn't have to be scared, but how should they know? So they just sat there in silence, letting the others realize how terrible Steve's lie was and what probably really happened while they were gone and Eddie now had that bruise on his neck.
„ uhm Steve, Eddie... Could we talk somewhere more private?", Robin asked in concern.
She was outed to Steve but not Eddie so he didn't know what she thought of gay people.
Steve noticed the visible anxiousness on Eddie and held his hand to try to calm him down.
They stood up and went into the kitchen while Nancy, will and Dustin waited in the living room.
Robin closed the door and started talking:„ so... I knew there was something odd about you two always hanging around each other but I would've never guessed you were a couple."
Steve still held Eddie's hand and rubbed his thumb on his backhand.
„ don't worry Munson, she won't hate-crime us or anything. She knows that I'm bi and- well I've told her that I had a huuuge crush on you for months now." Steve laughed a bit to calm the situation down.
Eddie indeed card a bit before talking:„ so it's fine for you that we actually are a couple.. a gay couple?"
He still seemed a bit anxious so she did what she wanted to do since she noticed the hanky code on Eddie's back pocket.
„ Eddie... I am a lesbian, you total dork."
Silence.
Suddenly, Eddie broke out in laughter and so did the other two after realising what just happened.
After they all stopped, robin asked:„ I am completely fine with you two being gay and stuff.. bit what should we tell the others? They still wait outside this door."
„oh right... Maybe they accept it if we tell'em the truth?" Eddie asked.
He didn't know the others for so long like robin and Steve but he was nearly 80% sure that they all were pretty accepting.
They definitely had better things to worry about than who slept with who.
„ maybe.. but I don't want to risk anything." Steve replied.
Steve didn't want Eddie nor robin to be scared but he also didn't want to give them hope on where no was.
„ I think Eddie is right. And if you two out yourself, I will do too. Solidarity, you know?" Robin said.
They all agreed to it.
As they entered the living room again, they all stood Infront of the TV to get the attention of them all.
Steve still held Eddie's hand and started explaining:„ guys.. we have to tell you something and really hope that nothing will change for all of us. Me and Eddie.." his gaze went to Eddie's eyes while talking, „we are in a relationship- a couple."
Dustin and will looked at them and then to each other.
Nancy tried to get into her brain that her ex seemed to like both girls and boys.
She then looked to robin.
Maybe then she also could like both.
Then robin said:„ I also have to tell you all something.. I also am gay-"
Nancy gave herself a fistbump in her head as she heard, that her chance now was even bigger to be in a relationship with her.
Suddenly, Dustin asked something:„ that's really good for you but... I don't understand why you are telling us that? We just asked what that bruise was.."
Just like Steve before, Dustin only realised what he actually said after he said it.
„nevermind. I get it now." He looked aside, embarrassed.
Will just smiled and was sure that he would also be safe with them, when he would out himself to them someday.
Eddie gently squeezed Steve's hand and smiled while looking up to his boyfriend.
He gave him a small kiss on the cheek and was relieved that he could finally show his love to him, no matter where.

___________________________________________

(1159 words)

If anyone dares to comment about how unrealistic it is then please just shut up.
Even in the 80's there were people who actually were supportive.
Anyways- if I did any other mistakes, then please let me know in the comments!!!
Byeee

Steddie Oneshots On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara