14. fluff/idk- soup

Steve was a rich boy (people wondered why he even had a job) so he always lived from warm and fresh meals, but he had to to learn how to cook himself since his mom and dad were barely home.
He had no problem with that because he loved his parents and understood that their jobs were very important.

But now he had six little nuggets to worry about and his job with robin.
He didn't know how he managed it before to still find time to cook and actually eat and when the Dungeon master himself became his boyfriend, he only was home when he was too tired to sleep at Eddie's place.

But Eddie showed him other , maybe less healthy ways, to eat.
One of the best kinds was 30ct alphabet soup.
This specific evening was one of the glorious nights when Eddie had exactly 60ct on his bank account so he brought the soup and made it ready to serve like a (high) chef cook.
Dinner was ready in like about 5 minutes and served with dry bread and candlelight.
Perhaps romantic, but more because Eddie had no money for his electricity bills.

It's was a great dinner and Eddie always managed to make Steve laugh with stupid things like writing "penis" with the signs in the soup.
Eddie was writing another word and Steve took another slurp of his plate, nearly choking as he read "I love y-".
Eddie finished the "you" and proudly showed his partner with a big grin.
Steve couldn't help it but feel loved.

That kind of love he never had before, like he wanted to spend his whole life with the person across the table.
He smiled and said:„ I love you too."

No noHe leaned back into his chair and sighed :„still very corny of you."
„oh don't act as if you don't love it haha."
He tried hiding his grin as good as possible but failed miserably.
Eddie knew him quite well, even of their relationship wasn't even 2 months old.
How come he never noticed that gorgeous man in the school hallway for all these years?!

All of the sudden he felt sorry and rather unhappy.
He wasn't really a good person back then and the thought that he may have even bullied Eddie without remembering his name made it even worse.
„ I'm sorry, Eddie." He said with a low voice.
He didn't know if he even did bully him but that made it even worse for him to not remember how many loves he probably made a living hell back then.
Eddie, of course, didn't know about the whole inner monologue Steve just had and eyed him weirdly.
„why are you apologizing?" He lead his hand forward to Steve and held onto his shoulder :„no reason for you to apologize."

He smiled in comfort, even if he still didn't quite understand the situation.
Steve didn't feel like explaining but he knew he couldn't keep quiet about all the build up guilt he had felt for those two months.

„thank you"

„always"

___________________________________________

I don't have a focking idea what I just wrote.