Antartica & New Zealand

The camp was completely destroyed by the mysterious tentacle creature and the nightbreakers.
I was fortunately not hurt but Will was injured severely.The bandages only barely cover the damage and he almost faint everyday.

"What do you mean it's my fault!?""I'm not lying Aron!If we could reach him earlier,before the wall fell,he would not be injured that much!""Well he said he was ok with staying there so he did this to himself!"My fist flew out of my pocket and punch him like he was a dough.

He fell to the ground and cursed,and I left before he has the chance to hit me back.Suddenly the ship shook and an iceberg laid in front of the military ship.Will came out of his room and saw the ice."Weird.With this amount of water the icebergs should be melted.

"Unless..."The iceberg moved out of the way to reveal a giant ice mountain."We are in Antarctica."The air felt colder and colder as we reached the icy land,The entire continent was magically still on the water and didn't seem to shrink at all.Even with two jackets on,the weather was unbearably cold and hypothermia was starting to kick in.

The exploration kept going on in the endless daylight and after finding an igloo,We didn't have more choices but to live inside it."Where are the people?The igloo can't just be natural.""I don't care,and it's better to do this without more survivors."The lighter was luckily working fine and we managed to drink something warm for the first time we entered the frozen land.

"I don't want to do this over and over again!Understand?"Aron was mad at our attitude towards travelling."You know how hard I worked to get to this place!?"Will needed more hospitality and he agreed to get to my family when he's done.

"This place is safe and convenient,I won't leave here!"

Aron refused to continue the journey with us.He didn't even flinch when he left the continent."The Antarctica is probably floating on the water after the melting occurred,but how did that much land stay?"Will looked at the back:"They didn't stay.The land we see is just ice."I looked at the ice once again with a flow of sadness.

"I think we both know what that means."

The endless ocean looked desperate and deep.
I couldn't see anything except for water and I was sick of it.The military ration kept spreading lies in the room so I usually turn it off,but now I listen to it everyday just to get the same human feeling back in my brain.

William decided to go to New Zealand to get help and when we got there,the country was actually not completely covered in ocean as I expected.
In fact,from my perspective a lot of the land is dry and well.The president welcomed us in the car and gave will immediate support.

I didn't even know New Zealand people were this nice to other survivors!"How did this country stay up the water?"One day when I was bored,I asked the president."Well,just follow me."She lead me to a giant under ground bunker,and I saw two of the biggest fans I have ever seen,flowing the water."

We have multiple of these fans around the country,so even if the water level rises even higher,we would have no problem going up with it."Not gonna lie,this was the most impressive thing I have ever seen after the big flood.

"I can walk without a problem now."Will showed me his scar on the leg but to be honest I was not willing to see his wounds."Now we can go to your place."

It's been eight years since I saw my home.The thought of it honestly terrifies me,but at the same time I saw really excited."So where are you guys right now?"The town I used to live was swamped by the ocean so they are now resting in a camp,even bigger than the one before and more defensive.

The way the camp was built was pretty clever as the eyes can see,The gigantic cruise ships containing people and transformed into a military ship by adding rifles and cannons on the outside.The inside felt like a strange maze you will see in the deepest of the dreams,I spent a good load of time just to locate our room.

"I'll stay outside."Will gave me a strong pat followed with a high five.The door opened slowly,My mom turned around in confusion."I'm sorry for not coming mom,I just-"

A hug.

"Dear son,I'm just glad you remembered me."She smiled.For the first time in ages,She smiled in front of me.All the emotions,memories,flocked for life,was broken by this hug.The mixed feelings I couldn't tell was all released by my raging tears.
There was a million words I had in mind,but at the moment my mouth was shut.I closed my eyes and cried out loud."It's ok.It's ok."