First Task

My left wall emitted smoke out of thin air.

After I coughed and opened my eyes,I saw my mother and Will looking at me in confusion."Dan?"They said almost at the same time.
"Well!The three of you all look pretty strong!"My eyes suddenly blacked out and when I woke up once more,I was in the middle of a city.Will was getting up next to me and my mom was already up.

"The first train of this planet!Are you ready!"
Will got disoriented by the loud speaking sound and almost fell to the ground again."This simulation is all about survival!The more time you survive,he more power you will have after!"

The city looked like something we would build after ten years.
All the buildings were so high and complex they looked like poles which supports the sky.I tried to walk out of it but when I got to a certain part,Small electric particles started appearing out of thin air.

I threw a rock at it and was shocked when the cobble disintegrated and disappeared in front of my face."Don't try to escape this simulation or you will be killed in real life too,human!"The alien said with a disturbingly funny voice.

"The training starts...now!"

The giant countdown on the electric walls dissolved and I wasn't sure what was gonna happen.All three of us stood in the middle of the skyscraper city and waited.
"What's happening?"

The small crumbs on the city floor suddenly moved and vibrated off the floor.
"oh no..."
The crumbs quaked as the floor started to shake intensely.My body moved with the floor and Will saw something in the distance.His face suddenly turned pale and white as he shouted:"A wave!"

By the time he shouted it out loud I still didn't notice it,but he was right.A big wave appeared inside the streets,ran across the buildings like a humongous blue skinned dragon and it is coming for us at a extreme speed."Get in the building!"I shouted.
I went for the nearest building I thought since any sort of skyscrapers can withstand the flood without a problem but there wasn't enough time to be picky.

We ran off different directions in case there were more nightbreakers hiding in the dirty water,or even other eerie creatures that we don't want to deal with.

The structure of the skyscraper was really well made,but the inside lacked a lot of details.I ran up the stairs as the glass windows at the first floor got smashed by the raging waves.The impact was strong enough to make the building quake a little."Is this the training?"
Will shouted at the blank ceiling and after some seconds the magical alien voice came back."See for yourself!If I told you it wouldn't be as fun!"

The questions in my head was stacking up but there wasn't time for me to say them out.I saw the water rising at a scary speed,and went all the way up to the fifth floor.
My heart nearly snapped when I saw a wall made out of chairs and tables blocking the stairs.The terrible memories flashed back into my mind like the flood did.

I shook it off and tried to look for alternate exits,but there wasn't anymore.My heart was racing like a drum,and I knew what he wants us to do.I took a deep breath to calm down,and started searching.Every now and then I check the water level to make sure I still have time.

"A crowbar!"I yelled in excitement,but Will didn't seem so happy about it
The water level didn't worry me as much,since I have a tool to break the wall:"How does this work?"The awkward thing was,I didn't know how to use a crowbar.
Will sighed as he pushed the bar inside the chairs:"Get away from the stairs."I went down into the water and saw the perfectly stacked wall gets obliterated in a second.

Will did a great job defending himself from the falling desks and benches.We went up to the 30th floor,which is the tallest floor,And went on the open balcony."This structure isn't tall enough.When the water comes this building will be completely flooded under."

His idea was crazy and sort of clever like it always do,he jumped first to give me an example and then swam to the taller structure.I followed his steps and went upstairs after I got to where he was.

"How clever!"The voices rang again and we ignored it.The flood didn't stop rising or have the signs of slowing down."Son!"My mother was apparently already here waiting for us so we went to the top of this simulation world and waited for the flood to end.

"The simulation is over!"

You probably had no idea how much I wanted to hear that sentence.
Suddenly the water at my hands were gone,and then the sky darkened with the walls around us glitching.After some seconds the wall dissolved to thin air and then the entire city disappeared in front of our eyes.

We we're back to a dark,empty and creepy room."Well,looks like you three are right to pick after all!"I glanced though the room and waited for an response."The first training session is a success for you!"

"The first?