6

Okay. What should I do now? Approached him and suddenly talk to him? No. He might think I'm a weirdo.

I took out my phone as it vibrates. It's a message from Yujin.

- First step, be his friend. If you can't do this first step, just forget it. He's out of your league

I sighed. I thought that he might already interested in me. But now it doesn't seems like it anymore. Should I say goodbye to my first ever crush?

I looked at him. Hyunsuk is still looking at his phone. Is he not going to look at me anymore? I stood up and hold my drink. I saw Junkyu and Yedam already done ordering at the counter. I walked toward them. Here we go!

"Kim Junkyu?" I asked as if I didn't saw him before. I hope my acting convincing enough.

"Ugh. Why are you here?" Junkyu asked. Very Kim Junkyu. He always looked annoyed whenever he saw my face. Well. Because all I did is annoyed him whenever I have a chance to.

"I met Yujin here just now," I said. They're didn't stop walking when I'm talking to them and I just naturally followed them toward Hyunsuk's table. Smooth like butter~~ "Yedam is here as well,"

"Hey," Yedam greeted. I purposely act like I didn't notice where we're going.

"Aren't you leaving?" Junkyu sighed. He always like this. Maybe I should stop annoyed him? Nah. It'll be really weird if I suddenly stop bothering him isn't it? And bothering Kim Junkyu is fun so why should I stop? I'll just tone it down a bit. At least until I can get to be Hyunsuk's friend.

"Why are you always chasing me away?" I asked, pretending that I didn't know what's the problem. Well. I am the problem.

"Because you always bothering me," Junkyu said, whining. Cute.

"Oh! You're with a friend?" I said as I turned at Hyunsuk who's at the table.

"Yes. It's my friend who's like a mom to me. Choi Hyunsuk," Junkyu introduced Hyunsuk to me. Like a mom, huh? And why is Junkyu having this weird smile on his face while looking at Hyunsuk? Suspicious...

"Choi Hyunsuk," Hyunsuk politely took out his hand for a handshake. He's a real gentleman. Should I take his hand? I'm so nervous.

"Park Jihoon," I said as I took his hand. His hand is so small and a bit softer than mine. I want to hold his hand longer. But, get back in character, Park Jihoon. "I've saw you with Junkyu a few times,"

No. Not just a few times. I've been following you since I'm barely seventeen years old. I've been watching you from afar. You might not see me because I was one of your thousands admirers. How can you even notice.

"Do you mind if I join you?" I asked. Please say yes. This might be my only chance to be friend with you, Choi Hyunsuk. You didn't know how much I've been waiting to talk to you.

Eh? Didn't I want Hyunsuk to talk to me first? Change the plan. If he continuously uninterested in me, I might have no chance to even be his friend at all. I need to take the first step. Then, I'll plan the next step.

"What about Yujin?" Junkyu asked. Ugh! This kid. Why suddenly talk a lot. I want to shut his mouth right now but I need to hold it. I'm trying to be friend with Choi Hyunsuk now. "Didn't you already walked toward the front door just now?"

"Yujin said that she want to meet Minju. And I actually don't have anything to do. Since you just arrived here, I wanna join you if you don't mind," I said. I hope they'll accept my excuse.

"I mind," Junkyu said. I'm mentally ready to shut his mouth with tape. It's only in my mind. Don't worry. I won't do that in real life.

"Yah. Kim Junkyu," Yedam said, slightly hitting Junkyu's arm. Aww... Yedam. You are my only hope. "Sure. You can join us. Right, Hyunsuk-ah?"

Yedam turned at Hyunsuk to asked for his approval. He just nodded. Yes!

"Thanks," I said. I took the seat right next to Hyunsuk. Wow! Isn't this is the closest I've ever been around Hyunsuk? I want to scream but I need to keep my cool. I'm cool. Park Jihoon, you're cool. Act cool. "So. Yedam is the dad-like friend? Since Hyunsuk-si is the mom-like friend to Junkyu,"

Eh? Why did I use honorific? Ah! Whatever. Act cool.

"No. He's not," Junkyu said.

"I'm more like the older brother-like friend," Yedam said. "I don't want a child like him. It's too hard to take care of,"

Me too, Yedam. I don't want to have a child like him too. It will be really hard to take care of.

"I don't need a dad-like friend. Hyunsuk is enough," Junkyu said proudly. "And Yedam as well,"

They really did look so close. I didn't know that Yedam also attending the same high school as them. And I didn't expect that Junkyu is that close with Hyunsuk.

"So. You guys have been friend for a long time?" I asked.

"We basically babysitting him since childhood," Yedam said while pointing at Junkyu.

"I see," I nodded. Back then in high school, I thought that Junkyu and Hyunsuk are just friends from same club. Or just like manager-team player kind of relationship. Because I don't really saw Junkyu acted that close to Hyunsuk when I watched their games.  But who know, right? I watched Hyunsuk just for a few hours and not even everyday.

While we're talking, I saw that Hyunsuk doesn't really look interested to join us. And he didn't even look at me. Minju is right. He might look friendly but it's so hard to be his friend. I realized that our knees touches for a few times. He still looked unbothered. While me? My heart is about to explode.

"Oh! The food is ready," Junkyu said as the buzzer he's holding buzzed. "Let's go, Yedam-ah,"

"I'll go with Yedam. You can stay here with Jihoon-si," Hyunsuk said. He really isn't interested in me anymore..

"No. No. You stay here. Yedam's coming with me. You've paid for the food. We won't ask for more," Junkyu said. "You guys can get to know each other,"

As Junkyu and Yedam left, I suddenly got really nervous. I took out my phone.

"Hyunsuk-si," I called his name. Right after he turned his head to look at me, I took our picture.

"You didn't tell me that you're going to take a picture," Hyunsuk scold me. I can't help but to chuckled. He's so cute!

"I'll delete it if you don't like it. Come. Pose properly," I said. Hyunsuk started to pose and look at my camera. We took a few selfies together. That's smooth, Park Jihoon. I can't even believe myself. "This looks good,"

I checked the pictures I just took. I can feel that he's looking at my face. I can't stop myself but to smile. Look at me more, Choi Hyunsuk. Notice me more.

"You should give me your contact number Hyunsuk-ah," Did I said that out loud? I thought I was just thinking about it. I turned at Hyunsuk. He looked a bit shocked. "Oh! Sorry, if you don't like me calling you that,"

"No. It's cool. Jihoon-si," he said. He took out his phone and showed me his QR code. I scanned his QR code to get his contact information.

"You guys are friend already?" Yedam asked. Why are you guys coming back so fast?

"It's up to Hyunsuk to decide if we're friend already or not," I said. I turned at Hyunsuk. Trying my luck. "Hyunsuk-ah?"

"Yeah. We're friend," he said. Hyunsuk said that we're friend!! Look at that, Yujin. Now I'm his friend!

°°°