19

I took out my phone after I done typing the paragraph I'm working on as I received a notification a few minutes ago. It's a text message from Hyunsuk.

- Where are you?

I replied him.

- At lab A
- Are you coming?
- Buy me food. I'm hungry

After a few seconds, he replied

- OK

I can't help myself but to smile.

But still. I can't get Junkyu's words few days ago out of my mind. I feel like I've trying so hard to hide the anxious feeling when I'm around Hyunsuk.

It really did exhaust me. I still want to be this close with Hyunsuk. But at the same time I'm really worried if one day he knew about what I've been doing.

That I actually knew him way before he knew me. That I've been following him around. That I've been having crush on him since high school. I let out a sigh.

 I proceed to do my report. I'll just think about it later.

"You're still here?" I turned at that voice. It's Rina. One of my course mate. She's quite famous among the boys in this college.

"Oh. I just finish this. I didn't expect that I need to amend a lot of things," I said.

"Ah.. I see," Rina nodded.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her back while still typing on my laptop.

"I left something behind. I came to get it back," she said. I just nodded. "Jihoon-ah. I have something to tell you," 

"Hm," I hummed while my eyes are still on my laptop's screen.

"I like you for quite a long time now," she said. "Would you be my boyfriend?"

Here we go again. Another confession. 

I didn't see it coming from Rina since she's like one of the most famous kid in our college. Why the hell this kids have been confessing to me.

Maybe because my close friends are cool? Or because I've been upgrading how I dressed up with Yujin and Sungchan's advices? Or because they just want to have a partner during college and I was one of their options?

I stopped typing and turned at Rina.

"I really appreciate your courage to confess to me. And I have to politely decline your offer," I responded. Trying not to hurt her feeling if she's really serious liking me.

"Ah.. So, I get rejected," she said with a hint of disappointment but she's still trying to act cheerful by acting like it's a joke. "It's okay. I just want to try my luck. You're quite well known for turning down confessions,"

"Really? Am I?" I'm what?

Have I turned down so many confessions to get that label? I don't think so.

But I guess I just didn't accept any of them. That's all.

"You are," she laughed a little before paused for a while. "So... Are you dating someone?"

"Me?" I asked. And why she's asking that?

"Yeah. Because you've been rejecting confession. So I thought that you might already in a relationship," she said. "Don't worry I won't tell anyone,"

"Oh.. I just," I scratched my head that's not even itchy. "I've been liking someone for a very long time as well," 

"You kidding," Rina asked, looking so surprised at my remark.