12

"And why are you being here again tonight?" Haruto asked.

"Why? Can't I?" I asked him. It has been a few days I've restrained myself not to video call or chat Hyunsuk more than necessary. A few days ago, Doyoung told me that Hyunsuk has been struggling to do one of his report. It seems like it's not just Hyunsuk, Doyoung and some other kids in their major also have been struggling as well.

I can see that Hyunsuk looked quite tired past few days. That's why I'm trying my best not to bother him. I can just talk to him when we meet at the campus but still. It's not enough for me.

"I can't call or chat Hyunsuk yet," I whined.

"Why? You guys broke up already?" Haruto asked. I glared at him. "You guys didn't even started to suddenly broke up,"

"Doyoung said that his major is struggling with a report. Hyunsuk as well. I don't want to bother him yet," I said.

"Since when did you get this concerned on other people?" Haruto asked.

"Why? Can't I?" I asked him back.

"I'm just wondering," Haruto said. "You like him that much, huh?"

I froze for a bit. Then I realized. It's Haruto. He might already noticed that I have a crush on Hyunsuk. He probably even noticed that Hyunsuk has been staring at me during lunch before we become friends.

"Can't I?" I asked. Just want to annoyed him.

"This is why Junkyu always trying to avoid you. You're this annoying," Haruto said.

"What's going on between you and Junkyu?" I asked.

"Nothing much," Haruto said. "His friends said that it's hard to ask him to hang out. But he always hang out with me. Or Jeongwoo,"

"What?! He hang out with you and Jeongwoo?!" I can't believe it. How Junkyu get that close to these kids but still refusing to hang out with me? Well. Maybe because I've been annoyed him for so many times. I need to really tone it down. Seriously.

"Yeah. And you have been hanging out with Hyunsuk these days," Haruto said. "You're not going to confess to him?"

I tuned to look at Haruto. He looked serious.

"Come on. I know you've been liking him way longer than when you become friends with him," Haruto said. "And now you're successfully his friend. Then? You're just going to stay silent about your feeling?"

"I just- I don't know, Ruto-ya," I let out a sigh. "Did Junkyu told you anything about Hyunsuk when you guys hanging out together?"

"Um.. No," Haruto said but his eyes are wandering around. Indicating he's lying. I believe that Junkyu probably already talked about it to Haruto. Or at least about Hyunsuk who has been staring at me during lunch that Haruto himself already noticed it. "But seriously, someday people will notice your feeling toward Hyunsuk too,"

I've been told you that you can't even pretend, so do I

"I want him to tell me his feeling first," I said.

"Huh. Do you think he will? You said that you haven't chat or video call him for days, right? Have he chat you first? Or call you first?" Haruto asked. No. Never. It's always me who initiated it.

I was the first one who called him. I was the first one who chatted him. Hyunsuk just replied me or talked to me because I did it first.

"He's... busy, Haruto," I said. Trying to lying to myself. I really want to asked him right now if he actually like me or not. Or is he ever see me as his friend.