5.

* 2 months ago*

"(Y/n), you'll be taking the train home again today, alright?" Nanami said as he pulled up to your school.

"Alright, see you later."  you said, hopping out of the car.

You walked into school and since your were just a bit early, you went to the library.

As you walked through the library you came upon a book called, "End Times: The History of Curses". At first you thought it was fiction but the author was a well known scientist and historian. The first chapter talked about what curses were, how they came to be, and when the first one was spotted. The second chapter revolved around Jujutsu sorcerers and what they do. You were absolutely fascinated so you decided to check out the book and read it almost every day.

One day you got bold and decided to look up "famous jujutsu sorcerers" using a VPN on a school computer. Two things popped up, the first being the name, "Satoru Gojo", and the second being an event. According to what you read, there was a masacour that took place 25 years ago in a small village with only two survivors who are unknown, but the savior of the two being a young Satoru Gojo.

You were shocked at what you found and began to look up where to practice jujutsu. You didn't get an answer from the web and gave up thinking about Jujutsu sorcerers and curses, thinking that if they wanted the public to know then it wouldn't be so hard to find.

You forgot about the book and Gojo until you saw your father's conversation with someone named  "Satoru Gojo" as they talked about Jujutsu sorcerers.

After that, you were fed up with your father's secrecy and wanted to know more.

*Present Day*

(Y/n) sat on one sofa with your parents on the one across from you, a coffee table separating you.

You still sat with your head down and your fists clenched in your lap.

"(Y/n), what you did was beyond unacceptabl. Your mother didn't deserve any of that and for you to curse at her like a hoodlu, I should wash your mouth with bleach." your father spoke coldly, raising his voice slightly.

"(Y/n) you think that you're being rejected and left out but that's not the case. Your father and I have been through so much and if you knew what we do about curses and Jujutsu,  you'd live in fear for the rest of your life." your mother followed up with a shaky voice and tears welling in her eyes.

"Curses are evil. They kill for the hell of it. Some feast on souls, othrs eat people, some want pure chaos, and others want to exterminate humanity to make curses the dormant species. As a Jujutsu sorcerer, I fight for the good of humanity and for my family. Every day you put your life on the line to keep everyone safe as a sorcerer. Lurking in the shadows."

"I can see curses but I don't have cursed energy so I can't defend myself so your father has been protecting me, and you from curses around this area for years, even when he wasn't working as a sorcerer." your mother said as she continued to back your father up as if it were rehearsed.

"Since you weren't born with the ability to see curses that made things easier. We tried to keep you happy so you wouldn't have enough cursed energy to see curses." your father continued. "Just like curses, cursed energy comes from negative emotions."

"When I was younger I couldn't see them but after a near death experience, I could." your mother said as she placed both hands over her face. "I hate it!" she cried.

"We never wanted to expose you to curses because when you know something s out there that you can see or can't see but can't do anything about, it'll scare you senseless. " Nanami said, placing a hand on his wife's shoulder. "Just like with your mother here."

You shot your head up, eyes wide, mouth agape.

"B- b- b-" you finally broke your silence. You were shocked.

"Your mother's fine (Y/n), she's a strong woman. It is sad though, she's scared." your father said in a sigh.

"That's why we tried to keep it secret."  your mother cried. "WE TRIED SO HARD!" your mother yelled, throwing something at you before you opened your eyes.

You looked around panting, sweat pooling from your face.

"Another nightmare." You thought.

You've had a recurring nightmare for weeks now. You only slept through the nightmare entirely once. In it, you start at the library where you first read about curses before it pans to your parents' explanation. Your mother would yell at you and throw glass. Some would get in your eye and as your vision went red your parents would turn into little demon like creators and eat you alive.

This scared (Y/n) more than anything because even though things seemed normal again, there was a hint of hostility and discomfort in the air at home as you dealt with feeling like you destroyed your family.

As you got lost in thought, you realized you were on the train and missed your stop after you had fallen asleep!  You went to reach in your back pocket for your phone but remembered that it was gone after you were grounded for yelling at your mother.

As you started to panic you felt a hand on your shoulder.

"H- hey, did you miss your stop?"