30.

As Yuji waited for a response from the other side of the door, he began to shake in anticipation.

Yuji heard footsteps approaching the door, stopping, and opening it. "Yes, who is it?" a man spoke.

"Nanami?" the boy asked, nervous that Nanami would do to him what he did to Gojo.

"Yuji.." Nanami said blankly.

"I was hoping I could see.." he paused, looking down with shame. "I was hoping I could see (Y/n)."

Nanami's scoff went unnoticed by Yuji. "You've got some nerve coming here, Itadori." the man gritted his teeth. "Do you even know the reason she's here? She's here because you tried to-" Nanami started to raise his voice before being cut off by an even louder Yuji.

"IT WAS SUKUNA! It wasn't me.." Yuji's head shot up as his voice broke.

"What?!" Nanami's eyes widened in horror.

Yuji's head lowered again as a tear rolled down his cheek. "I couldn't do anything, Nanami. Mahito.. Mahito was too strong and he found out she survived. Fushiguro called for backup and Mahito almost killed them because I couldn't switch with Sukuna. He went after her and I couldn't do anything. I've kept Sukuna at bay for this long. I didn't.. I didn't know things would end like this."

Yuji's face was covered in tears and snot as he tried to explain the situation to Nanami.

"I- Gojo didn't explain any of this, Itadori. So Megumi Fushiguro and Nobara Kugisaki are here too?" Nanami questioned.

Yuji nodded. "A security guard tranquilized Sukuna before he could do anything else." Yuji looked up again, tears still flowing. "It's been so hard to sleep, Nanami.. I hear her screaming for me as she was being taken away every time I close my eyes. It's been fucking torture."

Nanami was so taken aback that he was almost brought to tears himself. He honestly wanted to kick Yuji's ass for everything he'd put (Y/n) through, but couldn't. Seeing how much Yuji's heart aches for (Y/n) warmed his frozen heart, but fueled his raging anger.

"Itadori..." Nanami started, fully slipping out of the doorway. "Thank you for all of your efforts to protect my daughter. I can see you really care. I can't promise that things will get easier, but if you would still stick by her side, that would mean the world to me, her mother, and her." Nanami bowed.

Yuji's eyes widened as his tears dried up. He couldn't say anything, but his expression said everything he wanted to.

As Nanami stood tall he raised his hand - completely straight faced - and slapped Yuji straight across the face, turning his head completely. "But let this be a reminder and a warning of what's to come if something like this ever happens again."

Yuji's eyes filled with tears again, but this time from pain. The slap felt like Satan himself had smacked the shit out of him. Yuji's lip had started to bleed.

Shit, the stitches.

Yuji couldn't bring himself to look at Nanami from embarrassment. He couldn't even be angry because deep down he felt like he deserved it.

Yuji touched his lip as he tried to get his barriggs, feeling for the torn stitches. The second stitch had been torn, causing Yuji's lip to bleed.

"Nanami.. I have stitches in my lip.. you just tore one. What the hell man? That hurt like a bitch!" Yuji held pressure to his lip, head still turned.

"I apologize, Yuji. It wouldn't be best for you to get help now though. Did you let anyone know where you were going?"

"Uhh yea, a nurse. Why?" Yuji asked, finally turning his head.

"Why? Because there's still a warrant for your arrest and I'm sure that whoever you talked to alerted the police about your whereabouts." Nanami scolded.

Yuji's eyes widened, "The nurse.." he mumbled.

As the seriousness of the situation hit Yuji, the two males heard heavy footsteps rounding the corner.

"Shit!" Nanami peaked slightly from their slightly hidden location. "It's the police. Quickly, get inside!" he whispered.

Yuji nodded instantly, slipping into the open doorway with Nanami right behind him. Nanami closed the door as quietly as possible but he knew the police heard.

"Yuji, hide somewhere, hurry!" Nanami whispered again as those heavy footsteps approached the door.

Yuji caught a glimpse of a sleeping (Y/n) and your mother asleep in the chair next to you. He couldn't help but stare, but knew he had to move fast.

Right as Yuji found the perfect hiding spot, there was a pound at the door.

"Tokyo Police Department, open up."