51.

"Mom, Kaya, come on!" a young, Kento Nanami said excited as he ran ahead of his mother and best friend.

"Wait for me, Kenny!" a young Kaya said, running after him.

"Be careful you two." Kento's mother chuckled as she set up their small picnic spread beneath the cherry blossom tree that the three of them loved so much.

"The cherry blossoms are especially beautiful this year, Mrs. Nanami." the young girl smiles, her thick, black hair rippling in the wind softly.

"Yes, they are, Kaya. This year will be good for us, hm?" the woman smiles.

"Yes!" the ravenette cheered.

The young Nanami climbed the tree above the two girls before looking down at them. "I wish dad could be here right now." the young boy said.

"I know! Your father would love to take photos of the field for his office." the older Nanami said

"What does Mr. Nanami do again?" the young girl asked.

"My dad is a Doctor! His office is in the heart of the village!" the short blond shouted excitedly from above.

"Good job, Kento. Your father works very hard to keep everyone in the village healthy." the woman smiles. "Now, come eat."

The boy descends from the tree and sits next to his friend, "Let's play tag after this, okay Kaya?" the boy suggests as he stuffs his face with an octopus filled riceball.

"I don't like tag, Kenny! You're too fast and I'm always it!" the girl protests.

"Fine, whoever can climb the highest on the tree all the way on the other side of the field can decide what game to play." the boy wagers.

"Fine!" the girl smiles, biting into her riceball.

"Watch this mom!" Kento yells as he and his friend run farther away to the tree opposite of them after eating their lunch.

"Be careful!" the woman yells back. Her sweet smile slowly fading as pure pain engulfed her entire body.

"Please no. Not now." the woman whispered, eyes watering. "Please, just let me get them home first. At least let Kento get safely to his father first."

"Foolish human, have you already forgotten? That pathetic excuse for a doctor died alongside your chances of survival the second he saved you. You killed him. Don't you forget that." an evil voice bellowed inside of the woman.

"No!" the woman cried, still whispering. "No. I-I didn't mean to."

"But you did."

The woman clamped a hand over her mouth at the thought of her husband's death.

~~

Blood pooled everywhere as the man looked into his wife's eyes. "Why?" the man whispered before slowly slumping onto the floor beneath him, a hand with sharp, long nails protruding from his wife's mouth and piercing his neck before retreating back inside its vessel. "Y-You're a sorcerer?" the man asked, choking on his blood.

The woman sprang up, "Oh God, no!" she cried.

The man coughs violently and blood pools from his neck even more, "Are.. are you okay?"

"Stop talking! Reserve your energy!"

"How.. long have you been a so-"

"Since I was 15. I'm sorry I never told you I never wanted this to happen. Forgive me, please. I never wanted you or Kento to become involved." the woman sobbed.