26.

Itadori heard sniffles as he woke up from a nap. You were asleep so he figured he'd get some shut eye as well. He looked in your direction to see you crying.

"Hey, what's wrong?!" he asked, rushing to you out of concern.

You look up, tears pouring from your eyes as snot dripped down your nose. "I- You said I was in a coma for 6 weeks right?!"

"Yea, but what does that have to do with you crying?!" Itadori's face conforted.

"It's just.. 6 weeks is a long time. I'm tired of being in here - I wanna go outside. I've only been awake for 3 weeks and I can't because of my concussion. I wanna go outside!" you cried.

Itadori frowned; he knew you wanted to go outside but he couldn't let you. He felt awful about it, but there was nothing he could do.
"I'm sorry, (Y/n), you know I would if I could, but I can't. I wanna go outside too but.." he stopped. "I- nevermind.."

"You can go, Yuji. I'll be fine alone. Go be with your friends, Yuji."

"YUJI!!!"

Yuji woke up in a cold sweat, "Another nightmare.. (Y/n).." his thoughts trailing off. As Itadori looked around he noticed he was back in his room again. "Was it all a dream? Gojo's no where to be seen."

The boy's phone buzzed on the bedside table beside him. He picked it up to see a text from Kugisaki.

Hey Itadori, you feeling any better?
Nobara Kugisaki

"Shit, I guess it wasn't. What happened then?"

I guess so.. did something happen??
Yuji Itadori

Do you not remember??! You apologized to me, gave me a hug, started crying, and passed out.
Nobara Kugisaki

"Shit! When did I do all that?!" Itadori thought to himself, cringing.

I don't remember that last part but I believe you.
Yuji Itadori

You started muttering something and cried harder until you passed out.
Nobara Kugisaki

Yuji could tell her tone and see her expression through the text and cringed more. Even though he didn't remember, he knew what it was about and why.

Sorry about that, Kugisaki!
Yuji Itadori

You don't have to tell me what's going on if you don't want to, but I have a feeling it's the reason you were gone.
Nobara Kugisaki

Itadori dismissed the text - as he didn't want to talk about it - but thanked his friend anyway.

Thanks, Kugisaki.
Yuji Itadori

No problem. You going to see Fushiguro soon? He hasn't seen you in ages either.
Nobara Kugisaki

Yea, I'll see if I can stop by his room later. Maybe Gojo could take me there.
Yuji Itadori

Yuji put his phone back on his beside table before laying back in bed. "(Y/n), where are you? Your dad's gonna kill me if he finds out about me losing you." 

"I'll be happy if I never see that brat again." Yuji heard, a mouth popping up on the side of his face. "Don't concern yourself with that damn brat. She's probably dead."

Yuji got angry, slapping the mouth harshly. "Don't give me that shit, Sukuna! You wanted to fuck her didn't you? Isn't that why I have a warrant  for my arrest? You scared (Y/n) and tried to attack a police officer before shooting me!" Yuji's nails clawed at the mouth.

"You brat! She wouldn't have been a decent fuck, anyway. You're lucky I was so curious, otherwise I would've killed her."

"You won't lap a hand on he!" Yuji yelled, punching the mouth. It disappeared before he could hit it straight on so he was left with a bruise. "Son of a bitch." he muttered.

"Whoa, what's going on here?! I leave for 2 minutes and you're yelling?!" Gojo questions, appearing in thun air with a cup of ice in hand.

Itadori scrunched his face as he rubbed his cheek. "Did you only come here for the ice while your students are in the hospital?!"

Gojo smirked, "A little bit of both." he followed with a chuckle.

Yuji rolled his eyes. "Of course."

"Don't get it twisted, Itadori -" Gojo disappeared, reappearing a second later. "I'm mostly here for my students. There ya go!" Gojo said, handing Itadori a bag of chips and a drink.

"Whoa, thanks Gojo!" Itadori smiled.

This made Gojo feel so warm and happy inside, making him feel a step closer to forgiving himself.

"Anytime. Now, once you're done we can visit Fushiguro. He just got out of surgery a little while ago." The man announced, sitting down on the sofa next to the vessel's bed.

*Munch munch*
"Sounds good to me." The boy said through bites of chips.

"After that, you can rest for today, alright?" the teacher said, scrolled through his phone.

"But uhm.. I was hoping I could find (Y/n). We haven't been apart in months."

Gojo looked up from his phone, a frown present on his face. "Do you think after you let Sukuna out, she'd wanna see you? He scared her to her core. The last person she needs is you, Yuji. Don't think that because I'm here, you're any less of a threat to her." the man spat pure venum and Itadori could do nothing but take it.

"You know what, Gojo? Get out." Itadori said coldly, turning his back to Gojo.

"What?" Gojo challenged, his tone just as cold.

"You heard me. Get. Out." the boy enunciated.

"Well then, I'll be going." Gojo disappeared again.

Itadori's eyes welled with tears as he squeezed them shut, "Why'd he bother coming if he hates me this much? What'd I ever do to him?!" he thought, drifting off to sleep.

"What the hell, Satoru?!" the man mumbled, pulling a pill from his pocket and swallowing it. "Keep this up and you'll need a stronger dose." the man sighed, walking to a door hidden from the others.

*Knock knock*

"Please come in." a man answered.

"Gladly." the man said, stepping inside.

"Gojo?!"