44.

You look up, feeling your body beginning to shut down. You slump down with your back on the wall of a building.

"I should've thought this shit out, damnit." you thought to yourself as your vision began to blur. "Just.. close your eyes for a second. Blink and be done." you groggily thought, barely able to keep your eyes open as your eyelids become heavier by the second.

You're not sure how long you've been asleep when you awake to a tug on your arm as you're slung over someone's back.

"There she is! Don't let her get away!" a woman yells.

You groggily turn your head to look back as you see a nurse standing next to your mother as two guards run towards you.

"Don't worry, (Y/n), I won't let them get you, I promise." a young girl yells as you start furthering the distance between yourself and the guards.

You look a the back of the head that's carrying you, "Nobara?" you ask tiredly.

"Yea, it's me." she turns her head back to look at you before turning back to focus on the things in front of her. "Hang on tight." she yells as she turns a corner into a dark alleyway with a dead end.

"Give up!" a guard says, running closer.

Nobara bites her lip before walking towards the guard.

"Fine." she agrees, putting you down.

"Finally. Thank you for your cooperation. We'll try to be lenient with your punishment." another guard says, putting his hands on Nobara's shoulders.

Nobara smiles. "Thank you, so please forgive me for what I'm about to do."

With one swift motion, Nobara punched the guard in the stomach before doing the same to the other.

It wasn't enough to knock them down or even knock them out, but it did catch them off guard and that's what Nobara was hoping for.

Come on, (Y/n), let's make a run for it." the girl said, grabbing your hand and running as fast as she could towards the wall of the dead end. About ten feet away, Nobara slung you onto her back and ran up the wall.

You felt the air swirl around you in a frenzy until it became still. As you were in the air, it seemed like time stopped for a second as things began going in slow motion. Hitting the ground felt like a dream as it seemed as though the world came tumbling down with you.

Nobara landed in a swatting position, making it easier to run after the shock woe off. The guards were thrown off, giving you two more time to escape.

"Nobara, what's going on?" you ask, now fully awake but having trouble getting your words out.

"When I got to you, you were passed out. When I tried waking you up, I heard yelling and saw a nurse and two guards running towards us, so I ran." she explains, turning a corner into an alleyway.

"Thanks for not letting them take me back, Nobara. I really appreciate it." you thank her as she puts you down as she bends over, hands on her knees to catch her breath.

"Of course.." she pants. "We've got to get to Itadori.. both of us."

You nod, eyes filled with determination. "Yes, I'm worried. Where's Megumi? Are we meeting him once we find Yuji?"

Nobara turns her head and frowns, "I don't know." she mumbles.

You look at her, confused but not wanting to cause an issue, you drop it.

You sigh, clutching the fabric of your shirt as you feel your heart starting to race. "We have to come up with a game plan. Do you have any leads on where we should go first?" you ask as you slide down the wall of a building onto the ground.