14.

You groaned as you tried to sit up but were too weak.

"Whoa, what are you doing? Stay down." the voice said as you felt a hand push you down gently by the shoulder.

"Who are you? Where am I?" you said, slowly looking around with blurred vision.

"You're in the hospital. You.. you had a bad accident and ended up here. As far me: I'm nobody. Even if you did learn my name again, you wouldn't remember me."

"Oh, I see." you said sadly, as you turned your head away from the voice.

"I'll go.." the voice choked up. "I'll go get the doctor."

"She really doesn't remember me. Not even my voice." Itadori thought as he walked the hallways of the hospital to find (Y/n)'s doctor.

*Flashback*

"(Y/N)! (Y/N)?!" Nanami yelled as he kneeled before you.

Your eyes were open but you weren't conscious.

"(Y/N), SAY SOMETHING!!"

He got no response.

"Do you think she's.. dea-" Itadori said worriedly as he put a hand on Nanami's shoulder.

"Of course not. She's my daughter, she can survive this." Nanami said with worry clear in his voice.

"Whoa she's your daughter, Nanami?!"

"Yes, my one and only." Nanami said as he scooped you up.

The level of fear he has of hurting you shoots up even higher knowing that you're Nanami's daughter.

"Itadori, please call an ambulance immediately. When and if she's stabilized, I want to ask something of you."

Nanami was breaking. On one hand this was a huge mission with a very dangerous special grade that hurt and killed others and manipulated someone to do it, but on the other hand, (Y/n) was involved and having to choose between saving the lives of many by going after Mahito or saving the life of his only child and abandoning the mission was nearly impossible to do.

"I'm on it." Itadori said, whipping out his phone.

Itadori heard a loud thud and turned back to Nanami after ending the call.

"SHE STOPPED BREATHING!" Nanami yelled as he attempted CPR.

Itadori quickly ran to help and the two swapped places doing chest compressions when the other got tired.

(Y/n) was revived when paramedics got to the scene but had been dead for almost ten minutes.

As paramedics were reviving (Y/n), Nanami had to make the devastating call your mother that you may not survive your injuries.

As Nanami cried, explaining what he knew to your mother, Itadori stuck by you.

"You called out for me with everything you had left. I never got to know you but after I saw you on the train that day I wanted to see you again. All you did was catch my eye but there was something I saw in your gaze that drew me in." He cried. "And then when I saw you that night, all alone, and you were singing such a lonely song, my heart shattered and I wanted to get close but couldn't. I have a huge ass secret that I have to keep but I risk hurting you whether I tell you or not. Just.. finish the song with me under the street lights so I can give you the kiss I was too afraid to."

*Present Day*

After Itadori's confession - that fell on deaf ears - he came to visit you every chance he could. He'd always hum the chorus to 'Water Fountain' in hopes you could hear it and think of him, though that wouldn't be likely anymore.

Mahito almost killed you. You had a breach in a major heart artery that had to be operated on immediately, a concussion, and doctors said it would be likely that you'd have amnesia. You eventually slipped into a coma and had been in that state ever since.

Even though itadori knew that you probably wouldn't remember him it still hurt like hell.

After telling (Y/n)'s doctor that she was awake, itadori got a call from Nanami.

"So she's finally awake, huh?" Nanami said on the other end of the phone.

"Yea, but she doesn't seem to remember anything."

"That's unfortunate. I'll be by there as soon as possible."

"Okay."

"Oh and Itadori, about what I need to ask of you.. it's about (Y/n). Do you think.. you could keep watch over her full time.. like a body guard? I just feel you're the most qualified considering you're Sukuna's vessel. I'll pay you  100,000 ¥ a week (1,000 USD). Just please consider it. Please help me protect, (Y/n).