24-Fade away

3rd person's pov:

Weston's childhood wasn't the best.

He was two, when his first sibling, Charles, was born and after that he had been nothing more but responsible for his siblings. He loved his parents, he really did, and he looked up to them, but he was dragged to the family's darkness way too early.

He was seven, when he was holding a gun for the first time. He was allowed to hear about everything in his father's family business, which lead to many nightmares that only stopped when he was sixteen. He shot someone, when he was only fifteen, and he was shot, when he was only nine.

So, everything he ever wanted, was that his siblings wouldn't have to go through that too.

When he watched how his little sister ran out of the room, he knew he had failed. No, he shouldn't have ever told her, no matter how much she argued, no matter how much she wanted, she didn't deserve to hear the truth. She was too young to understand, she was in pain already, she didn't have to carry the pain of knowing that she shared the same blood with the person who had raped her, tried to kill her.

She wasn't strong enough.

Weston also knew that he couldn't leave her alone now, he couldn't leave her alone with her own thoughts, and he couldn't let her run away just like that. That's why he ran straight after her.

Delilah ran out of the front door, and just for her luck, it was raining. Maybe it was Richard Miller, who was just crying in the heaven, knowing that his little girl found out, found out the dirty truth.

"Delilah, stop running!" Weston shouted, stopping for a moment to the front door, watching the rainfall soaking his little sister. "Let's talk about this!"

However, when she didn't stop running, he took a deep breath and sprinted to the cloudburst too.

She was exhausted, but she couldn't stop. She didn't even know where she was going, but she just kept running, she kept running like it was her only option. She was running away from everything and everyone, and she didn't want to stop, she wasn't going stop until she was so exhausted that she would just fade away.

The truth hurt more than she could've thought.

"Sweetheart!"

The truth broke her heart.

"There's a car coming, get out of the road!"

The truth made her stop, stop running.

"There's a car coming!" Weston snapped. "What are you doing, get out of the fucking road!"

Delilah turned her teary eyes towards her brother, she was just frozen on her stop, and she didn't have any intention of getting out of the road, of dodging the car. She felt the reaching car lights on her skin, but she didn't move, she didn't want to do that.

Weston realized that too, and his heart jumped to his throat.

She was giving up. She didn't care about the stupid car, she didn't care about the fact how close the car already was, and she didn't care about the world anymore. She just closed her eyes and waited.

Weston was pretty sure that he had never in his life ran so fast than when he sprinted towards his little sister, his baby. In that moment, he didn't care how much force he used, he didn't even care whether he got hit, he just ran straight into her sister and they both flew to the dike, missing the car only by few inches.

They were both now in a muddy ditch, their clothes messy and torn, the rain making them both soaked.

Delilah just started crying, she just broke down, like she had done before. Weston got up, and lifted Delilah from the ditch to his embrace. She obviously tried to fight away, but she didn't have any strength, so in the end she just gave up.