28-Runaway

"You want me to climb through that?"

My eyes followed the fire escape all the way to the fifth floor, before I moved my unsure gaze to the blonde boy next to me.

Aaron, on the other hand, didn't look unsure at all, and he just nodded. He had the hood of his hoodie on his head, blocking the cold wind. His hands were crossed over his chest, and a tiny smile was covering his face.

"Well, if not through that, how would you get in then?" He asked, shaking his head. "The visiting hours are over, and it's the middle of the night. They would not just let you walk in there."

"You are crazy." I placed a hand on my forehead. "Those stairs, or what even they are, are in a really bad shape. I might seriously die."

"You came in here with your brother's Ferrari." Aaron commented. "You don't have a license, and you have driven a car like once or twice, and you don't know the traffic rules, and you do not definitely follow the speed limits. So, I'm pretty sure that you will be just fine."

Yes, I had somehow survived through the driving part, once again, which I had been honestly pretty surprised about too. This time I didn't even scratch the car, and good so, because Weston had just repaired the old scratches, and I knew that scratching it again would've been my end.

Now that I really think about it, this whole stealing his car again, not to talk about the fact that I left the house in the middle of the night, was still going to be my end.

"You'll be fine." Aaron spoke again when he noticed that I didn't look any more sure. "You'll climb those stairs, and I'll come open you the door, okay?"

I closed my eyes.
"Fine, but if I die, it's your fault."

"You'll be fine." Aaron repeated.

I shook my head, and he placed his hands on my cheeks before he gave me a quick kiss.

That one thing was never going not to make me feel the butterflies in my stomach. His soft lips, and the smell of mint Tic Tacs. The way he always placed his hands on my cheeks and looked me into my eyes with his light blue eyes.

"But please..." Aaron looked straight into my eyes as he spoke with a low voice. "...be careful."

"I'll try." I murmured, my eyes once again following the fire escape all the way up. "This will fail, I feel it in my bones."

"No, it won't." He shook his head. "It can't."

I took a deep breath before I climbed over the little gate which was there preventing anyone to go to the fire escape. There was also a sign with a text 'emergency only' in case the gate wasn't clear enough.

"Don't look down."

I gave a sarcastic look to Aaron.
"Thank you for the advice."

Uncertain

"See." Aaron closed the door to the fire escape. "I told you that everything would be just fine."

I shook my head, placing my hand on my forehead.

It was fine until I remembered that I do not like heights. I was probably halfway through when I looked down, and that's when I wanted to cry. I did not think it would be that high, and I most definitely didn't want to go any higher.

"You owe me a damn huge favor now." I commented. "That was horrible."

"Yeah, yeah." Aaron chuckled. "Let's just go now."

We started walking towards the door to Angel's room.

I was still feeling my heart in my throat. I wasn't allowed to be there, and I was terrified that someone would see us. I mean, I had stolen my oldest brother's car in the middle of the night, and I had climbed through a fire escape just to broke into a hospital.