27-Flowers

"Jesus fucking Christ."

My oldest brother's eyes met my face, as he held a hand on top of his heart. An unimpressed look filled his face, and clearly recovering from his heart attack, he removed his hand from his heart and crossed his arms over his chest.

I was sitting on my brother's leather chair in his office, where I wasn't exactly allowed to go without his permission.

I needed to talk to Weston, and of course I thought that he would be in his office. Well, he wasn't. So, I decided just to stay there and wait for him to arrive, which led to him almost getting a heart attack, because he wasn't expecting someone to sit in his office on his chair with legs on top of his desk.

"Delilah."

There came the disappointed voice.

"Weston." I spoke with a sweet voice.

"Weston, there's a little girl in your room." Another voice came behind my brother. "But I assume you have noticed it."

My oldest brother shook his head.
"Yes, indeed there's a little girl in my room."

He only had to point a look towards my legs on his desk, making me instantly drop them down.

A man probably in his late forties, who had now moved next to my brother, was looking at me. He had a suite on, and his dark brown hair was neatly slicked back. He was carrying a laptop on his other hand, and on his other he had a pile of papers.

"You shou..."

"You shouldn't be in here." The man next to my brother interrupted him. "You should leave. I don't like kids, and I don't especially like kids who are so bratty that they don't respect privacy."

Weston's jaw clenched.

"You know that we both have guns." The man continued. "And we're both ready to sho..."

"Chris." My oldest brother spoke with a low voice, cutting him off. "I know that you haven't known me for a long time, and I do know that you don't actually know anything about me, but this little girl is my little sister, and I do not like the way you talk to her. I do not accept the words you have just said, in fact, don't even look at her."

"Shit."

"Shit indeed." I commented with a tiny grin on my face.

Weston gave me a look, making me instantly wipe the grin off my face.

"Chris, you may leave now." He spoke again, mentioning his head towards the door. "We'll talk later, and get me the fucking papers, you should've given ages ago."

The man, Chris, nodded his head and with quick movements he vanished from the room.

Weston, on the other hand, turned his gaze back to me and walked next to the chair I was sitting on. He easily grabbed my arm and pulled me up, pointing the chair on the other side of the desk, making me quickly move there.

Weston sat down and crossed his arms over his chest.
"Listen, I'm not in a good mood today, so, this thing better be something important."

"Maybe I'll talk to you later." I was about to stand up, but Weston grabbed my arm from the other side of the desk.

"You have already barged in here, spit it out."

"I know you won't like this..." I spoke with a deep breath.

"I don't care." Weston commented, this time with a calmer voice.

"I want to go back to school."

Weston's face changed from the serious one to a sad one and then back to the serious one, before he sighed deeply. His face pretty much told me everything, and without him saying a single thing, I knew that it was a no, and I couldn't do anything to change it.