4.

ELEXIA woke up in cold sweat the next morning, her chest going up and down fast from how hard she was breathing.

The month that followed the accident and the bad news was hard for Elexia. She was stressed, anxious and on-edge constantly and she had to see her doctor twice a week, every week, receiving test after test. Bella was the center of attention the first week after the accident and Elexia was thankful that they didn't include her in their parade of worry. Tyler Crowley was annoying, always following Bella around, which Elexia found a little creepy. He even sat at their lunch table now.

No one seemed concerned about Edward, even despite Bella constantly explaining that he was the hero of the situation. She did her best to convince them. Eric, Jessica and Mike all said that they hadn't even seen Edward there until the van was pulled away, which Elexia found weird. If she wasn't on the ground when it happened, she wondered if she would've been able to see him.

The Cullens and the Hales sat at the same table as always, not eating, talking only amongst themselves. Edward and Rosalie didn't look at Bella and Elexia anymore.

When Elexia sat next to Rosalie in class, she was sat far away from her again, ignoring Elexia as if she didn't exist. Elexia believed she regretted staying with her at the hospital.

Elexia wanted to talk to her, now more than ever. After their moment at the hospital, a lot of her thoughts involved the blonde Hale.

She was already seated when Elexia got to Chemistry the day after the accident, looking straight ahead at the teacher. The blue-eyed girl sat down, expecting her usual greeting from Rosalie. She never turned or said anything.

"Hello, Rosalie," Elexia smiled.

She turned her head, barely, toward her and gave her a small smile, if you could even call it that and then turned back around. The following days after that, Elexia greeted and Rosalie ignored. Eventually, the Reedus girl gave up on even trying. She didn't know what had happened or if she had done anything wrong.

Despite everything, Elexia still found her eyes drifting helplessly to Rosalie Hale. Usually in the cafeteria or the parking lot, so she couldn't see her. The Hale's gorgeous golden eyes grew darker by the day, slowly returning to the color that they were when Elexia had first met her. She found it so strange, how her eyes did that and questioned how it was even possible.

Elexia spent a lot of her time at home watching movies on the couch with her dad, on the phone with her mother or hanging out with Bella. There was a damper in her life now. Ever since that day in the hospital. Not only did she receive life-changing news, she also lost her friend.

Well, she still had Bella.

Mike seemed to have gotten closer to Bella, who had also been dropped by Edward in the same way that Elexia was dropped by Rosalie. They both wondered what was wrong with that family.

It never snowed again after that one day. Mike was disappointed that he didn't get to stage his snowball fight in the parking lot. Elexia was sad because she missed the coat of white covering the ground that always made her feel warm inside, a contrast to the freezing cold snow. Bella seemed happy about it.

During lunch one day, Jessica was silent - way out of character for her - and sat as far from Mike as possible. Elexia wondered what their deal was, since the brunette was usually chatting the blond's ear off.

Jessica was quiet when her and Elexia walked to Chemistry. She finally spoke when Elexia sat down at her desk. Jessica stood next to her. Rosalie was like a statue, nothing unusual.

"Um," Jessica awkwardly began, eyes jetting everywhere in the room but Elexia's face. "I asked Mike to the spring dance."

"Oh," Elexia answered, unsure of how to respond, seeing how Jessica had been acting. She automatically assumed he turned her down.