9.

another note at the end of this 🥴

THE drive back to Elexia's house was relatively quiet and consisted mostly of small talk, which Elexia appreciated. Rosalie seemed to be doing everything in her power to make sure she was as comfortable as possible and the Reedus girl simply could not figure out why. To her, she was just the new girl from Baltimore.

To Rosalie, she was the world.

As the car pulled up to the front of the Reedus residence, Rosalie's soft voice met Elexia's ears. "Your dad isn't home,"

"Uh, no." Elexia shook her head. "Some days he doesn't get home until the early hours of the morning and sometimes he can come home as early as nine at night. It just depends on what's going on at work each day."

"Okay." Rosalie nodded, her throat suddenly tight. "I'll walk you to the door."

She was out of the car before Elexia could give a response and opening the passenger side door to let her out. The soft and slightly dazed smile Elexia gave her was breathtaking - no matter how many times she'd seen her do it.

It was only a few steps until they were in front of the brown door, and Elexia turned to face the blonde.

"Would you like to come in?"

Elexia would've been lying if she said she hadn't been nervous to ask that question. Her and Rosalie's relationship had only been inside school up until today and she wasn't sure how to navigate it yet.

Every single bone and nerve in Rosalie's body screamed at her to say no; but it didn't matter, because the word 'yes' left her lips before her brain could correct it.

The soft smile on the blue-eyed girl's face turned into the widest grin Rosalie had ever seen and it was hard to restrain herself when all she wanted to do was wrap Elexia in her arms and never let go.

The door opened with a creak that made Elexia mentally cringe and she slipped inside with ease. It amazed the Hale girl how her entire demeanor changed when she was inside the comfort of her own home. She'd never seen her so relaxed.

The house was a mostly open floor plan with the all-white kitchen on the left and the mostly warm-toned living room to the right. It was cozy and smelled like pumpkin spice; reminding Rosalie of Elexia. It really wasn't that spectacular of a house - which made sense, seeing as a middle-aged man who worked most of the time had lived in it alone for the last few years.

Elexia slipped off her hoodie and opened a small wooden door next to Rosalie to put it away. The Reedus girl reached a hand out for Rosalie's jacket, which she hung up next to hers.

"Would you like anything to eat? I could throw together a quick snack or something," Elexia asked as she slid her boots off.

"No, I'm okay, thank you." Rosalie gave her a smile, before it was taken over by a playful grin.

"What?" Elexia deadpanned, crossing her arms as she looked at Rosalie.

"Elexia, do you cook?"

Elexia's cheeks became dusted with pink as she looked down at her feet. "Yes."

Rosalie chuckled. "You're adorable."

Elexia's blue eyes rolled playfully before she walked into the kitchen and grabbed some cookies to snack on while she talked to Rosalie. She smiled as the golden-eyed girl sat down at the kitchen island across from her.

"So, you never did tell me how your trip to La Push was."

"Oh. Sorry," she awkwardly smiled. "It was good. Like I said, me and Bella made friends with some kid who told us some stories. Actually, he mentioned your family."