10.

WHEN Elexia woke up the next morning, she was a bit delirious and half-convinced that everything that happened with Rosalie the day prior, was all a dream. It was a regular foggy day out, weather that she welcomed back.

Her chosen outfit of the day was an oversized white knitted sweater and jeans. Her father wasn't home when she got downstairs, also something she was used to, and she had no reason to believe that this day would be any different than the rest.

She realized she woke up a bit late, and she didn't have time to eat breakfast so she quickly grabbed an apple and her backpack, heading to the front door.

Her soul nearly left her body when she opened the door and Rosalie Hale was standing on her porch. Maybe the day before wasn't a dream and the Hale girl really was a vampire.

"I'm taking you to school." Rosalie stated bluntly, a slight hint of playfulness in her golden eyes.

"Rosalie, you can't scare me like that!" Elexia groaned, her hand over her heart as it finally started to slow down in her ribcage.

"I'm sorry." Rosalie nodded. "I'm taking you to school." she repeated.

"Okay." Elexia followed the blonde to the car without question and she opened the door for her, as always.

It was most definitely going to take Elexia a while to get used to Rosalie's vampirism and her quick way of moving. She had barely gotten her seatbelt on and Rosalie was already pulling out of the driveway.

"Don't you usually ride with Edward to school?" Elexia asked.

"Yes." Rosalie nodded. "Makes it easier for us to blend in. But apparently, we're breaking all of the rules now."

The car ride was so short, thanks to Rosalie's speeding. Elexia wondered what Rosalie meant by 'breaking the rules.' She parked her red convertible next to Edward's silver Volvo and they exited the car together. Elexia's jaw nearly dropped when she saw Bella walking with Edward. She hadn't been talking to Bella much and she felt bad. She had been so wrapped up in her pregnancy and Rosalie that she'd forgotten about talking to Bella. She made a mental note to invite Bella over after school.

Once they'd gotten inside, Rosalie paused in front of Elexia and took her hand gently in her cold one. "I'll see you at lunch, okay?"

Elexia's heart sped up at the blonde's gentle and soft touch. She nodded, unable to form words. Rosalie's behavior was different now that they'd opened up to each other and Elexia wasn't sure how to handle it besides being awestruck.

The Hale girl was gone in an instant and Elexia let out a breath of air, quickly walking to her first period class to avoid being late.

Elexia sat next to Bella once she got into class. Mike was - unfortunately for Elexia - there too.

"Lex, how was the doctor's appointment?" Bella instantly asked.

"I'll talk to you about it after school. A lot's happened, and I can also see a lot's happened for you, too." Elexia gave her a pointed look.

Pink filled Bella's pale cheeks as she smiled and looked down at her desk, making Elexia smile as well.

"Come over after school?" Elexia asked. Bella quickly nodded.

The first few classes of Elexia's day were slow and blurry for her. Her head wasn't all there, she felt, but it didn't make the time go by any faster.

When Elexia exited her French class - the class before lunch, Rosalie was standing right outside of the doorway, a smirk on her face as she waited for her.

"Hi, Lex." Her voice was playful.

"Hi, Rosalie." Elexia faked annoyance making Rosalie let out an amused huff of air out of her nose.

The walk to the cafeteria was quiet, but Elexia's mind was loud and wild. She wasn't sure she would ever get used to being close to Rosalie Hale. She didn't even know what they even were.

Everyone was staring at them when they entered the cafeteria, and Elexia felt as if it were her first day of school all over again.

Rosalie got the both of them food and walked all the way to the table in the back of the room, wordlessly. The quickness of the vampire was hard for Elexia to keep up with.

"You really need to slow down," Elexia harshly whispered when she sat in front of Rosalie. "Not all of us are impeccably fast vampires. Not to mention, I am literally pregnant."

Rosalie gave her an apologetic smile and slid the tray of food toward her. "Sorry."

"Could you ever eat human food?" Elexia blurted, staring down at the food.

"Vampires eating human food is like humans eating styrofoam." Rosalie bluntly replied.

"You answer things in such peculiar ways."

Rosalie rolled her eyes, before her facial expression got soft. "Listen, I asked Carlisle about what's going on with your pregnancy and what it means. He said that it can be dangerous, but you really shouldn't worry yourself over it because of the fact that neonatal care is so advanced these days. He mentioned that Gaia's organ functions are fine, her body is just small, so it's not as severe as you thought. They just have to watch you both closely to make sure it doesn't get any worse."

"Thank you, Rosalie. You didn't have to do that for me, really."

Rosalie sighed. "Elexia, when will you get it into your beautiful head that I care about you? You act like me being around you is so shocking and burdening. I don't know why you're so insecure."

Elexia's cheeks heated up for what was probably the fifth time all day. She opted for a subject change, instead of confronting her feelings for the blonde in front of her. "Are we still going to Mount Rainier this Saturday?"

"Yes, we're still going to Mount Rainier this Saturday, if that's what you want, Elexia."

She was flustered all over again at the deep look in Rosalie's eyes and the way that she said 'if that's what you want, Elexia.'

Elexia had never experienced being in love before. She'd only had one boyfriend in her entire life, and it certainly was not love. The feeling of being in love with Rosalie Hale was incredibly overwhelming.

"It's going to be sunny that day," Elexia pointed out. "You mentioned to me that the sun doesn't hurt you, but it does affect you. There will be other people there, it's a national park."

Rosalie smiled. "I know a spot where no one will be."

"Oh?" Elexia smiled back, curiosity glinting in her eyes.

"You'll see," Rosalie laughed a bit at the look on Elexia's face.

"Oh! I forgot to show you," Elexia glanced around the cafeteria to make sure no one was watching them too closely. She pulled a folded piece of paper out of her jean pocket and slid it across the table to Rosalie, who looked at her confused.

The vampire took the paper gently into her cold hands and unfolded it, revealing an ultrasound photo taken from the side, showing the baby's side profile. Her soft nose reminded Rosalie of Elexia's nose. She smiled softly.

"I got new pictures of Gaia at my last ultrasound. I was so caught up in the bad news that I didn't have a moment to appreciate the photos,"

"She has your profile." Rosalie reluctantly looked up from the photo, the same intense look in her eyes as earlier. When she looked at that photo, an overwhelming feeling of protection washed over her. When that baby was born, Rosalie Hale surely was never going to let the harsh world harm her - or her mother - without facing her first.

The fire she felt in her soul when her eyes met Elexia's blue ones, or when she watched Elexia rub her hand across her baby bump, was one of intensity she never thought possible for her.

For decades and decades, Rosalie Hale could only dream of having a soulmate and a baby. She never believed these dreams could come true, and so strongly.

rosalie hale the best future mom ever !!!!