12.

WHEN Elexia arrived home after hanging out with Emmett and Rosalie a bit longer than expected after school, she saw Charlie Swan's police cruiser and another dark car parked in front of her house. She wondered what was going on. Rosalie had driven her home and seemed very tense upon seeing the unknown vehicle.

It was down pouring, so Elexia made sure to pull her hood over her head before getting out of the car. Rosalie was stiff as she waved Elexia goodbye; her smile not quite meeting her eyes before she drove away at once.

"Lex!" The voice of her father called out from the front door. His head was peaking through to make sure he didn't get too wet. She could see Charlie's head through the gap of space Austin's head left. He waved her towards the door, "You got home just in time!"

The driver's side door of the little black car opened, as did the back left side. Jacob Black and another bronze-skinned boy walked out. He looked like he was only a couple years older than Jacob. Now, she was really confused as to what was going on.

"Jacob?" Elexia asked, unsure what to say. She knew Austin, Charlie and Billy were all close friends but she couldn't figure out why Jacob and another boy were at her house, too.

"Billy!" Austin and Charlie both yelled, running out of the front door like children seeing their friend show up for a sleepover.

Bella was also at the house, waving at Elexia from the front door. The blue-eyed girl jogged up to the front door to greet her with a short hug.

"I'm going to pretend I didn't see you behind the wheel, Jake," Elexia heard Charlie say with a gruff voice, the cop in him too strong. Elexia snickered to herself.

"We get permits early on the rez," Jacob said, his tone defensive. The other boy that was with them smirked.

"Sure you do," Charlie laughed.

"I have to get around somehow." Billy spoke next.

Elexia walked fully into the house and took her shoes off, opting to leave her sweatshirt on as they had guests over. Austin and Charlie helped Billy out of the car and into his wheelchair while Jacob and the other teenage boy waited behind them.

"So, what's going on?" Elexia questioned as the guys entered the house.

"They're here for the game," Austin smiled. "We haven't gotten together in a while. Billy asked if he could bring Jacob and his friend Paul, so I figured we could all hang out, you kids, too."

"Oh," Elexia nodded. "Well, I'll go heat up some chicken wings." She grabbed Bella's arm as she walked across the room to the kitchen. She motioned for Jacob and Paul to join if they so chose.

"Oh, by the way," Jacob began when he sat down next to Bella at the kitchen island. "Bella and Lex, this is Paul, my friend from the rez."

"Hi, Paul," Elexia smiled. Bella simply waved.

"Nice to meet you," the boy mumbled.

"So, how are things?" Jacob asked the girls, nodding towards them.

"I'm good." Elexia answered quietly, focusing more on making the chicken wings for Austin, Billy and Charlie.

"Pretty good." Bella smiled. "How about you? Did you finish your car?"

"No." Jacob frowned. "I still need parts."

"What was it you were looking for?"

"Master cylinder." He smiled.

It didn't take long for the chicken wings to be ready and after adding a bit of hot sauce, she put them on a large plate.

"Jacob, can you bring these into the living room?" Elexia turned around, smiling sheepishly.