24.

AFTER a long four days of Bella being in the hospital in Arizona, Elexia was finally back home in Forks, ready to get an ultrasound and check in on Gaia.

Currently, she was sat in Dr. Gonzalez's office's waiting room, waiting to be called in; Rosalie was gently holding her hand, stroking her skin with her thumb to ease Elexia's nerves.

She had missed nearly two weeks worth of doctor's appointments due to the James situation, and it had her impossibly anxious – even more anxious than her usual two times a week made her – because she had no idea if anything further had happened when it came to Gaia's blood flow and body growth.

"Elexia Reedus?" Antoine, one of the nurses at the office poked his head into the waiting room, his blue eyes searching for Elexia. He smiled when he saw her. Since being at the office so often, Elexia had gotten quite close with many of the nurses.

Elexia nervously smiled and stood up from her chair, Rosalie in sync with her as they followed the brunet nurse down the hall, into the third room on the left.

"So, how are you, girl? We've missed you." Antoine asked.

"So-so." Elexia admitted, sitting down on the blue bed. Rosalie sat in the chair at the foot of the bed. "Have had a bit of personal stuff going on. I was in Arizona for a bit."

"Oh, wow." Antoine's eyes were wide. "I'm sorry to hear that." he was sincere; he always was. Elexia loved him.

"It's okay." Elexia smiled lightly.

"It's nice to meet the famous Rosalie." Antoine smirked, looking over at the golden-eyed vampire, who smiled awkwardly, as he took Elexia's blood pressure.

"Blood pressure is a little high today, but I know we can attribute that to your anxiety." Antoine quietly spoke, marking her blood pressure down in Elexia's chart.

"Up on the scale, Mama." Antoine helped Elexia off the bed, and led her to the scale, where he took her weight.

"Weight gain looks good." he said, marking that down in her chart, too. He discussed with Elexia a little bit more about her pregnancy before concluding everything.

"Dr. Gonzalez will be right in, okay?" Antoine smiled, slipping Elexia's chart into a folder. "Try and relax, honey. I know you're very tense."

"Thank you so much, Antoine." Elexia sighed, hopping back up on the bed as Antoine exited the room, closing the door behind him.

"He's right, you need to relax, baby." Rosalie kissed Elexia's hand. "I know it's scary. But I hear her strong little heart every time I'm with you."

That small piece of information eased Elexia's anxiety a little bit, taking a deep breath as she rubbed her hand over her small baby bump.

Dr. Gonzalez didn't take very long to come into the room, a smile on her face.

"Hello, hello! How is my favorite patient today?" The doctor smiled, turning to Rosalie to offer her a small nod in greeting.

"I'm okay." Elexia chuckled a bit.

"Okay, you know the drill. I'm going to go through your folder, and then I'm going to send you for an ultrasound with Claudette. After that, we'll review the information together."

Elexia nodded as Dr. Gonzalez walked over to Elexia's folder, where she took her chart out and reviewed it for a few minutes before putting it away and closing the folder. She turned back to Elexia.

"Antoine or Mia will be right in with you guys to go bring you to the ultrasound room." Dr. Gonzalez smiled, walking to the door. "Hang in there, Lex."