13.

TW: r@pe, brief mention of suicide.

THE next morning, Elexia woke up earlier than expected - at around six o'clock. She couldn't control the excitement - and the nerves - so she just decided to get out of bed instead of attempting to keep sleeping. She struggled on picking out an outfit for a while, but eventually settled on a bright blue button up shirt with white polka dots and white jeans. The weather outside was beautiful, so she chose not to grab a sweatshirt.

She ate cereal for breakfast, too excited to eat a real meal. Her father was at work; unfortunately, his streak of late mornings had ended. The second she had put the bowl in the sink, a soft knock sounded on the front door. Rosalie was an hour early. She assumed she had Alice to thank for that.

When Elexia opened the door to see her vampire girlfriend, heat filled her cheeks. Rosalie's same amused smirk was on her face, as always when she saw Elexia.

"Good morning to you, too," Rosalie grinned and swiped her thumb along the tip of Elexia's nose.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Elexia pouted slightly when she noticed how Rosalie was staring at her.

"You look cute, Elexia." Rosalie laughed a bit. "I've never seen you without a sweatshirt on."

"Oh," suddenly, she was flustered and unable to meet Rosalie's golden eyes. The Hale girl was in a violet shirt with black leggings and somehow, she looked perfect as ever.

They walked to the car silently, Rosalie opening the passenger side door for Elexia as usual, and then they were off.

Elexia had finally gotten used to - and grown to appreciate - Rosalie's maniac vampire driving because they always managed to get to their destination faster.

"How was the doctor's appointment with Emmett?" Rosalie asked.

"It was good. It was nice to have someone there with me for once," Elexia nodded. "Baby still looks the same," she sighed.

Rosalie placed a comforting hand on Elexia's knee; she hated that every time she went to that doctor, nothing changed.

Elexia was quick to change the subject after that. It was going to be a long four-and-a-half hours, so she didn't want to put a damper on the atmosphere.

"Have you ever been to Mount Rainier before?" Elexia decided to ask.

"I have." Rosalie nodded. "I go there quite often. Usually for hunting, especially with Emmett. But I have a place there that I like to go when I feel overwhelmed or frustrated with the world,"

Elexia smiled. She liked to hear more about Rosalie.

The rest of the long ride was filled with mostly Elexia talking about her favorite shows, movies and music. At one point, they fell on the topic of traveling and Elexia expressed her want to go to Hawai'i.

The entrance sign was in front of them when suddenly, Rosalie took a sharp right into some trees that led to a small, dirt pathway. Trees blocked what the pathway led too, but Elexia could hear water moving. The weather was warm with a slight breeze when they stepped out of the car, which was deeply welcomed by Elexia.

Rosalie walked over and gently took her warm hand in her cold one and led her through the trees. When they made it through - after getting smacked in the face and shoulders by multiple branches - the view was breathtaking. Bright green grass littered with newly blooming purple and pink flowers and a thin river of water sliced through made Elexia's jaw drop. You could still see the mountain peak along with some tall trees scattered around the field but it was so quiet; so peaceful.