14.

"ARE there a lot of other vampires out there, in the world?" Elexia asked when the car got quiet somewhere along their long ride home. "I never really thought about it, but there must be, right? I mean, Alice, Carlisle and Jasper were all turned by outside vampires,"

Rosalie chuckled softly at the far-away look on Elexia's face as she pondered the concept of vampires hiding among society. "No, not a crazy amount, like you're thinking. Humans outnumber people like me by far more. Besides, most don't settle in one place for too long. It's easier for my family to live closely with humans, because we don't feed on human blood. We've only ever found one family like us; in a small town in Alaska. We consider them like cousins,"

"Interesting," Elexia's brows were furrowed. "What about. . . the ones that do feed on humans?"

"They're all mostly nomads."

"You mentioned Alice not remembering her human life. Why is that?" Rosalie smiled; Elexia was full of questions - which made her glad, she was finally comfortable to ask all that was on her mind.

"We have no idea." Rosalie shrugged slightly. "When she woke up as a vampire, she had no idea who bit her. Whoever they were, they walked away. She can't seem to remember many human memories. She remembers little things, but she said it feels like a fog is over that part of her brain."

"Wow," Elexia was genuinely shocked, wonder in her eyes as she thought of all that was possibilities in the world.

The human girl must've not been paying attention to the time as she pondered the new world she had been brought into, because the car was suddenly stopped right in front of her house.

"Rosalie," Elexia blurted, turning over so fast as if the vampire would disappear.

"Yes?" Rosalie smiled, her usual polite smile.

"Come in with me," Elexia's tone was begging and Rosalie couldn't figure out why. She would've came in even if the blue-eyed girl had asked calmly; it's not like she had anywhere else to be. Besides, there was no need to beg - she would do whatever Elexia wanted.

She laughed. "Why are you acting like you have to beg to keep me around? Of course I'll come in."

"Sorry," Elexia shrugged, her cheeks red. "Sometimes I still think you're just going to disappear on me. Like you're too good to be true,"

Rosalie smiled and got out of the car, quickly opening Elexia's door for her. They walked to the front door and Elexia unlocked it, allowing Rosalie to walk in before her.

"I almost asked you if you wanted anything to eat," Elexia spoke flatly, shaking her head at herself as she took her shoes off. That gained a good laugh out of Rosalie.

"Unless you have some grizzly bear in your shed, I don't think I'm able to eat." She teased, making Elexia roll her eyes.

They walked to the kitchen together, and Rosalie took her seat in the same chair as she did the night she told Elexia she was a vampire. Elexia grabbed some leftover pizza from the fridge and heated it up in the microwave.

Shortly after Elexia sat down across from Rosalie and began quickly eating her pizza, the sound of her father's car pulling into the driveway alarmed her, her eyes went wide.

"Do you want me to go?" Rosalie asked softly.

Elexia's expression softened. "No, stay,"

Rosalie nodded and let Elexia take the reins for whatever she chose to say to her dad.

"Kiddo, I'm home!" Austin shouted as he opened the door, turning to the kitchen to see Elexia's small smile and Rosalie politely wave.

"Oh, hey." He smiled awkwardly, unsure of how to react. The only friend he was used to seeing Elexia have over was Bella, and he had known her since she was in diapers.