Friends

Noah sat down next to me after nodding, giving him permission to sit.

"Did you hurt yourself?"

"Oh that, no I didn't. Im fine thank you."

I say as I look over my limbs. We are sitting close without touching but close enough to feel the heat radiating from his body. This man is invading my senses. I can smell his cologne and it makes me want to curl up into his lap and just stay there. I clear my throat.

"So uh how are you finding everything so far?" Keep looking forward. Concentrate on his words.

"Not too bad but I easily adapt into any situation. Have been that way all my life. What about you?"

"Its been interesting. Rocco seems like a nice guy." I have no idea what to say to this Adonis sitting next me. "But it's still early days and all that" I quickly add.

I nervously squirm in my spot and accidentally brush the back of my hand against his thigh. My cheeks start feeling hot and as I quickly look up at Noah, I see him staring at me. His jaw clenched and he is breathing deeply.

"Uh sorry about that" I swallow hard and lift my legs up against my chest and folding my arms around my legs. Locking them in place so I don't accidentally touch him again. Everything within me wants to do more than touching. As I'm looking at his beautiful face a bunch of images fill my mind and I can't help but bite my lip.

"Becca," Noah says my name almost raspy, "please stop biting your lip." As I release my lip from the hold my teeth had on it Noah let's out a deep breath. "I guess we should talk about this" he says as he nods in my direction.

"I guess so." I say with a half smile. There's definitely a crazy amount of chemistry between us. Unless I'm imagining it. We're not exactly coupled up together. "Noah, I like you and would like to get to know you better."

I could have sworn I saw a quick smile but it's quickly replaced with a serious expression. "So do I but I'm coupled up with Hope right now and it's only fair to her if I genuinely try. How about we just get to know each other as friends. After all it's only been a couple of hours."

My heart drops a little but he's right. Suddenly realising my head whips around looking for Hope. I completely forgot about her and find her staring at me. I swear I can see daggers in her eyes. Looking back at Noah, "You're right. Friends."

I jump up after I say the word friends. It sounds so sour on my lips in reference to him but I've got to play the hand I've been dealt and right now Noah is not in my hand. "I'm off to find Rocco. Catch you later."

Without looking back I head towards the villa when I find Marisol and Lottie in the kitchen. "Becca!" They almost shout in unison. "Hey girls! How's the snack situation looking?"

Lottie is rummaging through the cupboards pulling out little packets of things to eat while Marisol empties them onto a platter. "Not too bad actually. So Bec, tell us we're not the only ones completely obsessed with how hot Noah is." Marisols cheeks flush as she admits this and we all giggle.

Hope saunters in right after Marisol said that. Her eyes widened and before she could say anything Hope beats her to it. "Oh it's ok girls! I know my man is the hottest one here. I'm just lucky I got to couple up with him from the start." That last part felt like it was aimed straight at me. The air is uneasy for a second before Lottie changes the topic and we start chatting away about ourselves and our lives outside the villa.

I really like Lottie and Marisol I decide as we chat, snack and drink some bubbles. Our conversation is easy and light. As we are getting to know each other Lottie's phone goes off. "Guys! I got a text!"