Chapter 19.

Yet again I found myself consumed by his sweet, voracious mouth as he locked the door behind us. His long fingers pushed through my hair as he began kissing me avidly. I automatically let my eyes close as my arms, like they kept a mind of their own, wound themselves loosely around his neck as I allowed myself to savour his fiery assault. Every kiss launched fast alluring flames across my lips and the rest of my being, leaving me breathless. His hands roamed desperately over my curves, lingering at my waist before dragging their way up my sides and towards my back.

Pulling away for a second to catch his breath, he granted me the opportunity to drink in his frenzied state; his warm chestnut eyes had darkened to a scorching bronze, his pupils fully dilated with lust and his hair had fell into beguiling chaos - I was entranced. He licked his lower lip slowly. The ghost of a grin emerged on his features before disappearing as fast as it came when I grabbed his tie and tugging him towards me as I kissed him fully on the mouth with all of the passion I could muster. I smirked with satisfaction as I admired his shocked expression as much as I could - it didn't last long.

Zach brushed his thumbs across my cheeks before leaning in to kiss his way to my ear.

"You want to play it like that, do you?" he whispered deeply, his tone laced with slight amusement and the almost forgotten authority that he held.

Seizing my wrists, he pinned them above my head gently, nevertheless, his grip was firm enough to keep me there. His obsidian eyes sparkled with unknown intent and all of my previous boldness deserted me. I audibly gulped as he began laying small kisses along my collarbone, his stubble gently brushing my skin.

"Do you like this game, Lou?" he murmured huskily.

I had barely registered his words when he suddenly sank his teeth hard into the junction connecting my neck and collarbone but not enough to draw blood, causing a sharp mix of pain and pleasure in the form of shivers to roll through me. A quiet moan escaped my mouth but I cut it short with embarrassment. He chuckled lowly, kissing across the now extremely sensitive skin.

Dazed with longing, I stared as he leaned in and began to kiss me tenderly, slowly - as if I were some kind of rare luxury that he wanted to relish. His hands drew up to my blouse sliding beneath the material to caress my skin before returning to my waist, a never ending torture. I began to unbutton his shirt, revealing his rippling muscles and he reached up for mine when there was the sudden knock of someone thumping their knuckles on the wooden door we were leaning against.

I attempted to jump away from him, but he held me against the door.

"Ignore it." he ordered quietly.

My body had frozen but my blood surged through my veins furiously at the idea of being caught.

What would happen if we were caught?

Dread lodged itself in my chest heavily and I stared into his dark chocolate orbs.

"We can't." I told him in a hushed voice. He sighed with irritation into my neck before withdrawing and kissing me chastely on the lips.

"Fine." he grumbled as he let me go.

I managed to gain the last glimpse of his sun kissed chest as Zach buttoned his shirt quickly and straightened his tie. I still couldn't understand what he would ever want from me. Smoothing down my skirt and my hair, I tried to look as presentable as possible just as Melinda's voice came from behind the locked door.

"Mr Caldwell?" she called. "You have a visitor."

"Give me a minute." he snapped, resulting in a stern look from me. His expression softened and he added curtly. "I'm just filing a few confidential documents."