Chapter 7.

"We ran out so I went to get some with Noah..."I explained timidly, trailing off as he continued to glare vexingly at me.

"Noah." he seemed to almost growl the name, "You were slacking off with him, weren't you?" he accused.

"No!" I denied.

I could hear my whispering co-workers from the office desks and it seems so did Zach, because, if it were possible, he seemed to get even more annoyed. Without saying another word, he grabbed my elbow and began dragging me along. I scowled, trying to push him away but he was too strong.

Zach slung me into his office first before slamming the door behind him and storming toward me. I backed off a little as he looked at me indignantly.

"Tell me-" he began with annoyance clear in his tone of his voice, "If you weren't slacking off with Noah, why was he so close to you in the kitchen?"

"He was just grabbing his coffee." I answered simply, frowning at him.

"Do you really expect me to believe that?" he sneered, unimpressed.

"Believe what you want, I don't care." I snapped, crossing my arms across my chest.

"I won't have you whoring around my office, it makes my company look bad." he snarled.

My jaw dropped and if looks could kill, he would have been six foot under the ground and my blood boiled the longer I looked at him.

"We're just friends!" I yelled.

"Of course, that's why you were in the kitchen like that together!" he bellowed, making my bones shake with fear but I shrugged it off as I glared at him angrily.

"Like what?!" I asked, imagining daggers stabbing him in every direction.

"Like-" He cut himself off with a deep sigh, then stood staring at me silently for a moment, pinching the bridge of his nose before pressing his lips together in frustration.

"Just- do your work. Take these to the photocopying room." he muttered sternly, pushing some papers into my chest. I snatched them from his hand and glared at him one more time.

"Gladly." I huffed before storming out of the room.

What the hell crawled up his backside? I thought as I slammed the door behind me.

For the rest of the day Zach ordered me around twice as much and he was in a seriously bad mood. I just ignored him and his bad attitude until it was finally time for me to go home. I almost did a happy dance, but I knew that if I did my heels would hurt even more.

"Hurry up." he ordered as he strode out of his office, leaving me to hurry after him in my painfully high heels. I almost fell twice but he didn't seem to notice - either that or he just didn't care. We got to his car and he slid inside, leaving me to hurry to the other side and clamber into the passenger seat. I bit my lip awkwardly as we sat in silence.

While he drove I found myself glancing in his direction discretely. Strands of hair fell carelessly over his forehead and his jaw was clenched. My eyes dragged down his flawless profile; admiring the angles of his face structure, his sharp cheekbones and full lips. His dark eyes suddenly flickered in my direction, catching me as I ogled him like an idiot, my mouth open slightly, before he looked back towards the road.

I quickly looked out of the window in embarrassment and I felt like smacking myself in the face. Arrogant prick. Arrogant prick. Arrogant prick...

Once we arrived at my house I got out as fast as I could without looking back and stormed into my house, ignoring the deep goodbye he muttered after me. I kicked off my heels and winced as I realised I had blisters around my ankles and on my heels.