𝙎𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙉

"That was shit." Lilah complained, throwing her helmet into her locker. It clattered loudly. 

"That wasn't shit." Phoenix replied, already in the shower. Steam was filling the room. "You made it to the target with, like, five seconds to spare every time." 

Lilah stripped down from her flight suit and hung it up in her locker. She tugged on her own clothes, loose sweatpants and an old, stained tshirt. 

"We're a team," Lilah reminded her, undoing her hair and quickly braiding it in the small portable mirror she kept in her locker. "Which means I can't be the only one that can make it to the target. Three other pilot's have to be able to make it, or this mission is a fail." 

"We'll get there." Phoenix assured her. The water turned off and her head peaked around the corner. Water dripped onto the ground. "Where are you running off to?"

Lilah grabbed her purse and keys. "My grandparents house. I'm supposed to meet Maverick there in," she glanced down at her watch, "Shit, 20 minutes." 

Phoenix laughed as Lilah rushed to finish putting all of her stuff away. "You are a hot mess, honey." 

"I'm definitely hot, dear." Lilah winked as she rushed out the door with a wave. 

★★★

"Lilah Eloise." her grandmother scolded as she jumped over the back couch and picked up a magazine. "You are 26, not six." 

"Six year old don't read magazine's." Lilah told her grandmother, flipping the page. "I've never seen Jamie read a magazine in his life." 

"Jamie's a boy." her grandmother corrected. "A 11 year old boy who's biggest concern is what we're having for dinner." 

"Gender equality." Lilah reminded her with a hum. "In this house, anything a male can do, I can do." 

Mrs. Kazansky rolls her eyes at her granddaughter's antics as the bell for the house started to go off. The sound startled both of them, and they could hear Jamie jump up from whatever he was doing upstairs. He came scampering down the stairs. 

"Who's going to get it?" he breathed out once he reached the bottom, pushing his platinum curly locks out of his eyes.  

They all stared at each other for a moment, before two identical pairs of eyes settled on Lilah. 

She shook her head, "Oh no, we're not speaking to each other right now. If it were up to me, he wouldn't even be allowed in the house." 

"It's not up to you, though," Mrs. Kazansky said calmly as she walked into the fourier. "You're grandfather wants to see him." 

"That's never a good thing." Lilah muttered, going back to her magazine. 

Her grandmother opened the door and Maverick's voice immediately spread through the house. Lilah gave her brother a death look as he smiled wicked. His eyes were shining.  

"Whatever you are about to do, don't even think about it." she whisper-yelled to him, rolling off of the couch. 

She watched him run out the backdoor, sliding half of the way in his socked feet, and pull out Lilah's phone out of his back pocket once the door was firmly shut. 

"You little shit." she growled and started to run after him. 

She tripped on the hardwood floor, skidding about five feet before making to the door. By the time she'd opened it, she was too late. He'd already cracked her password and was dialing someone's number.