𝙀𝙇𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙉

Jamie's been delivered safely to school. How was your work out? 

Lilah giggled as his profile picture appeared on her screen. Bradley was trying sushi for the first time. 

Pretty good, running a straight five miles again feels amazing. 

The bubbles popped up immediately. 

Shit, I forgot you were a runner. Consider me impressed. See you later. 😉

Lilah reread the text a few times, debating on how to respond. The two hadn't messaged each other in almost three years, the last text dating back to before either left for the mission prior to the night at the bar two years ago. She decided on a thumbs up back and regretted it the moment she pressed send. 

She turned off her car. The hot California heat pounded on the back of her neck. She stripped off her shirt, revealing the Egyptian blue bikini bottom underneath and thanking the heavens that Penny's place didn't open for another five hours. 

The front door was unlocked. A different bartender was at the bar, wiping down the counter. 

"Uh, we're closed." he said, giving her a strange look. "You can come back at four." 

"I know that owner, is she here?" Lilah asked, smiling sweetly. 

The man was suspicious. "Uh, yeah, she was in the back. Her office is the second door on the left." 

"Awesome, thanks."

Lilah pushed open the old bat wing doors, peaking her head in. The first thing she saw was Amelia. 

"Lilah!" she shrieked, the sound echoing in the enclosed space. Her books were out of her laps in seconds, a mess on the floor, and the girl was in Lilah's arms before she could blink. The seer force knocked her back a few step and she had to grab the wall to steady herself. 

"Hey, Mila, how you been?" Lilah asked, laughing. 

Penny's 12 year old daughter still clung to Lilah. They were about the same height now, Lilah just a inch or two taller. 

Amelia finally released her. "Good, school's boring, Dad's remarried to this skank in Hawaii." 

Lilah tried to hold in her giggled at the girl's sour look. 

"Well, isn't that nice. How was the wedding?"

"I wouldn't know, I wasn't invited." Amelia muttered with a dark look. "Apparently, she didn't want any children there and since I was only nine, I was "too young". Mom says it's just because I remind my dad of her." 

"Amelia Blythe, we don't tell people that." Penny scolded, sticking her head out of the office. "Aren't you supposed to be at Olivia's?"

"Olivia's still in school, Mom. She's not picking me up until 4:30." Amelia told her, rolling her eyes. "It's Tuesday, remember?"

"Why aren't you at school?" Lilah asked, glancing between Penny and Amelia. 

"We just got back from a sailing trip yesterday morning." Penny replied, shaking her head. "She's already missed a week, what's another day?" 

Lilah gasped. "If you would've told me, I would've kept Jamie home. He would've been so excited to spend the day with you." 

Amelia blushed viciously, sending her mother a glance. "Oh, well, that would've been fun, now if you excuse me, I have makeup work."