𝙁𝙊𝙐𝙍𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉

Alarm.

Alarm.

Alarm.

"Shit."

Lilah bolted up from the sand and out of Bradley Bradshaw's arms. The fire was completely gone and the sun was rising in the distance. She dropped back down to her knees and started shaking Bradley.

"Wake up, wake up." she begged, almost punching him now. His eyes fluttered open, startled. Everyone else had heard the commotion and had started to wake up.

"What?" he snapped. He glanced around, rubbing his eyes. Suddenly they were wide. "Fucker."

"Yes, fucker. Seresin!" she shouted, Hangman being the first one off the ground. "Get everyone up and picking all this shit up. We're so fucking late."

He started to jog around the group along with Lilah, shaking everyone awake. Once was more or else awake they were grabbing all of the empty beer bottles, glasses, and the pizza boxes. Everyone was sprinting, getting in their cars.

"This is your fault!" Lilah yelled at Bradley as she shoved a pizza box into the back of her car. He was climbing into his in the next spot.

"Mine?" he snapped, slamming his door. 

Lilah yanked her hair quickly into a bun. "Yes! Yours! You were supposed to set an alarm. "

"An alarm woke you up, didn't it!" Bradley shouted, pulling out of his spot.

He followed Payback and Fanboy, both who were still half asleep. Phoenix had crawled into the back of Lilah's car while she was scolding Bradley, and was passed out. She flipped him off before backing out and stepping onto the gas.

★★★

"Good morning." Maverick greeted Lilah with a smile as she rushed past him and into the training room. "Long night?"

He had to rush to keep up with her. Ahead of them, every male pilot was  scurrying into their seats. They had two minutes until the admiral's walked through the doors. Behind them, Phoenix was running out of the locker room, having still been asleep when they'd entered it five minutes earlier.

"Every single on of us woke up 20 minutes ago." Lilah told him, smoothing her hair out. She pulled her flight suit over her shoulders, zipping it up. Luckily, everyone was required to keep a change of clothes in their locker. "We fell asleep on the beach."

Maverick shook his head, laughing. "How responsible of you all."

Lilah sat down in her seat. "Tequila was involved."

"Ah, of course." Maverick said before going to sit down next to Hondo.

Phoenix slipped into her seat just as the doors brushed open.

"Attention on deck!"

Everyone was on their feet in seconds. The room was still dark, the sun not fully up, as Admiral Bates walked to the front of the room.

"Morning." he greeted, not kindly. Everyone sat down. "The uranium enrichment plant that is your target will be operational earlier than expected."

Lilah glanced at Maverick as he hung his head low. When he looked up, he gave her a sad smile. Everyone around the room was glancing wearily at each other.