𝙁𝙄𝙁𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉

Lilah was screaming.

Bradley wouldn't let go of her. His arms were wrapped around her waist, him pulling her close to his chest. 

"It's okay." he kept repeating. 

She kept punching him. He took each punch like a champ, just kept cradling her head in his hands. She was aware of people rushing in and out as she sobbed. Hangman was sitting down next to him, his head in his hands. 

"Let me go!" Lilah sobbed for the millionth time. 

"Damn it, Bradshaw, just let her go." Hangman finally shouted, and Bradley did. 

Lilah walked a few steps before she realized her legs couldn't carry her. She collapsed onto the floor in a pile. A few seconds passed until she felt Bradley pull her into his lap on the floor. She didn't know how long the three of them sat their like that. Payback had come in at some point and grasped Lilah hand so tightly she was sure that no blood could reach it.

The sirens came next. Two ambulances. Lilah didn't want to look. Bradley wouldn't have let her anyways, his hold on her far to tight. They were clinging onto each other. Maverick came in at some point, and spoke in a low tone to Hangman, who refused to let him talk to Lilah. 

"Bradshaw, man, lay her on that couch will you." Lilah heard him mutter. 

She felt Bradley's large arms swoop her up and lightly drop her on the couch. Payback moved to be beside her. Lilah watched with glazed over eyes as they spoke in the corner. 

Bradley stumbled back over to them, crying. Lilah couldn't take it. She was sobbing, and screaming, and kicking.

"They're not dead," she kept repeating, shaking her head. "They can't be." 

"They're not," Bradley was finally able to get out through his tears. "They're both alive."

Lilah was off the couch and running in seconds. People were screaming after her, but she didn't stop. She made it to the med wing before anyone could catch up to her.

"Where are they?" she demanded the lady at the front desk. "Natasha Trace and Robert Floyd, where are they?"

"You can't see them, I'm afraid, darling, they're still under testing," the lady stammered out. Her uniform said Remington, Ava on it. "You can sit in the waiting room if you'd like." 

Lilah took a deep breath and smiled sweetly. "My name is Captain Lilah Hollis and I demand that you let me in." 

Ava Remington rolled her eyes. "If you think that's going to get you in, you're mistaken." 

 "Oh, it wasn't a suggestion, it was an order." 

She brushed past the front desk and started shouting Phoenix's name. She went through five rooms until she hit the target. 

She had on a oxygen mask and an iv was stuck in her arm. Coyote was in one of the chairs, holding her hand. Lilah knocked lightly, starling him. He let go, wiping his face and standing up from the chair.

"I can go." he offered. 

"No, stay," Lilah insisted, taking the chair he pointed to. She grabbed Phoenix's hand, careful to to squeeze too hard. Someone had taken down her hair, it like a wave around her face. There was soot on her cheeks and blood around her hairline.

"It's my fault."

Lilah glanced at Coyote. He was staring at the blood. 

"If I wouldn't have gone into g-lock, we wouldn't have been in the air that long." he mumbled. "God, I'm a damn pilot, I should be prepared for this stuff."