Chapter 2

Korn received the documents the following morning. He read it in the small living room of his private rooms in the tower. His son, who already read it before, watched at him expectantly. Korn eventually looked up from the papers and turned to his son.

"A very good job. This list contains all our future targets, however we must get to work now, the minor family surely noticed that they lost the documents, perhaps we are already among the suspects. Call Pete and tell him to prepare, he must be ready to move as soon as possible" Korn remarked, telling the last line to Arm, who was standing near the door.

Arm went to his office, he worked on his laptop for several minutes to prepare the intel for the new mission. When he was done, he switched on a large screen on the wall and called Pete. The young man arrived soon after.

"Good morning Pete, sit down please" Pete just nodded and sat on the armchair in front of the screen, waiting for Arm to start.

"The information you got during your previous mission was really valuable. Your first target is The Soldier, he's second in command in the minor family's bodyguards hierarchy and he coordinates the activities of autonomous groups outside of the family. Kill him and the minor family's network will fall like a sand castle. You will find your target in the harbor around 9pm, based on the information we got, The Soldier will go there to talk to a local man who controls the import of drugs from China and South America. I will leave you to prepare"

Pete got to the armory and talked to Erika, explaining what he needed for the mission, then he went back to his room and took a shower to relax a little bit.

"In position" Pete said as he managed to get to the harbor, he hid behind a container and looked around, trying to find his target.

"He will come soon, Pete, all clear for now. Remember... try to make it look like an accident" Arm said in the earpiece. He just had to wait.

"He's here" Arm said as he saw a car approaching. Pete moved immediately, he could easily shoot the target and go away but the orders were clear, try to make it look like an accident. The guy thought about it, he looked around to find an opportunity, he noticed a crane holding a container, he smirked at the idea. Slowly and silently, he got to the top of the crane. The target and the local drug chief were calmly conversating in an empty and locked container patrolled by several bodyguards.

Pete moved the leverages softly, then, when the container was right above the place chosen for the meeting, he pushed the button to drop it. The noise was terrible and he was sure that the target was dead since the container chosen for the meeting was completely flattened to the ground.

"Good job Pete, now get out of it" Arm ordered.

Pete got off the crane, however, as he reached the last step before touching the ground, he heard the noise of someone loading a gun. He didn't turn, he got on the ground and raised his hands behind his head, then he slowly turned to see who was threatening his life.

"Good evening Pete, did you miss me?" Vegas asked as he pointed the gun at the bodyguard of the main family. Pete obviously didn't say a word, he looked at him and thought about his next move carefully, he knew that situations like this could occurred in his job and he usually managed to get out of them pretty well.

"I can almost see the little gears of your brain rolling faster, figuring out how to escape, it is so adorable..." Vegas remarked with a devilish smirk on his face. He gave a quick nod to one of his bodyguards, who walked behind Pete and tried to tie his hands. Pete moved fast, Vegas shoot immediately but the bullet hit his own henchman instead of his enemy.

"Arm, a little help would be highly appreciated!" Pete exclaimed.

"Got it" his friend replied before giving the order to the sniper to open fire on Vegas's bodyguards. Even after seeing the effects of the sniper firing on his men, the heir of the minor family wasn't scared. He knew that they weren't going to shoot at him since he was too important for now. He walked forward, trying to reach Pete, who was hiding behind one of the containers.

Pete tried to get out but Vegas started shooting immediately. While his enemy was reloading his gun, Pete got out of his shelter and shot at Vegas, hitting his leg. Pete saw him falling onto the ground and groaning in pain, he smiled and whispered: "Maybe next time", then he got on a motorcycle and drove away.

Arm wiped the sweat off his forehead and sighed: "Shit... this one was close..."