Chapter 4

Arm opened the door of Pete's apartment and walked inside, he found Pete sitting on the couch eating some snacks and reading a book. He stopped near the coffee table and threw a folder onto it, then he looked at Pete and started "Come on, there is no time to waste. You surely remember the list I gave you before killing The Soldier, well, this is your next target".

Pete picked up the papers and gave a rapid look at the more important parts regarding location and probable opportunities, then he looked up at Arm, who continued to explain "The Lawyer. As you know, the minor family is supposed to deal with the dirty part of our job, so they need someone who can solve all problems linked to the law",

"So, if I eliminate him, the minor family will have to be much more careful when they will plan their next moves" Pete remarked.

"Exactly. You'll find all you need in the file. I will leave you to prepare" Arm added before walking back to his office.

Several hours later Pete was sitting on a bench, pretending to read a newspaper and waiting for the right moment to strike. He stood up and walked to the building where the lawyer was supposed to work. Pete could see from a window that the only access to the lawyer office consisted in an antechamber where his secretary worked. He had to find a way to distract the secretary.

"Pete, do you copy?" Arm asked and Pete nodded.

"Good, there are some switches in the basement, if you turn off the third one the office and antechamber will have a black out, the secretary will probably go to check what's going on" Arm explained.

Pete calmly went downstairs and turned off the switch indicated by Arm, then he went back to the third floor and waited for the lady to go away. As she did so, Pete got inside the antechamber, he looked at the agenda on the secretary's desk and noticed that there was no one at the moment.

"Perfect" Pete said while he put his gloves on. He walked to the door but just a moment before he could open the door of the office, Arm said "Remember the orders in the file, Mr. Korn wants an execution this time, not an accident". Pete smirked and nodded. The guard opened the door, he walked inside and said:

"Good afternoon sir"

"Good afternoon, I suppose that my secretary forgot to put your appointment in my agenda... sit down please" the lawyer said.

"Pete, I see someone walking upstairs, get out fast!" Arm said in the guy's earpiece.

Pete nodded and walked to the armchair in front of the lawyer's desk. He sat down and took out the silenced gun. "Nothing personal" Pete said before shooting three bullets to the man's chest. The hitman of the main family stood up and walked to the window, suddenly he heard some noises coming from the antechamber.

"How many people? Arm? Arm, do you hear me? Oh shit..." Pete said as he realized that the communication system broke down. Pete turned quickly as he heard the noise of the door knob turning. He ran behind a sofa and waited for the person to enter and walk deep inside the office, so that Pete could leave unnoticed.

Macau entered and almost screamed as he saw the corpse of the lawyer sitting on the chair behind the desk. He walked closer to him with a shocked face. At that moment, Pete tried to walk to the door, he was almost there when he heard the sound of someone loading a gun right behind his head.

"Not so fast..." Macau whispered. Pete gulped and stood up slowly, he raised his hands to surrender.

"Very good, Macau... very good, I know I can count on you" Vegas said as he opened the door of the antechamber, followed by four bodyguards, then he continued "It looks like you keep getting caught, sweetheart".

Pete looked up at him, he sighed and then chuckled a little.

"What is so funny?" Vegas asked irritated. Pete didn't stop looking at him, he smirked and with a quick movement he managed to steal the gun from Macau's hand, he pushed him forward, turning Vegas's brother into a human shield and then he pressed the gun against the guy's head.

The expression on Macau's face changed immediately, the arrogant and annoying smirk he had vanished in less than a second and was now replaced by tears and prayers.

"VEGAS! VEGAS DO SOMETHING!" Macau shouted.

"Calm down you idiot... he won't kill you" Vegas responded.

"I wouldn't be so sure, Macau... are you sure he want to bet on your brother's life, Vegas?" Pete added.

"He won't ki.." Vegas tried to repeat, however Macau was too frightened to let his brother speak properly.

"Please... let me go... I don't want to die..." Macau repeated

"You don't have to ask me, ask you brother" Pete replied as he pressed the gun harder against the guy's skin.

"Ok ok... what do you want?" Vegas asked.

"I guess you came here by car" Pete said.

"Yes... the key is still there" Vegas responded knowing already the next question.

"Good boy, now... Macau, you will come with me for a nice trip, don't worry, you will see your brother again very soon" Pete said as he started pushing Vegas's younger brother.

"Vegas... Vegas you can't let him do this... Vegas! VEGAS!"