Chapter 5

Pete walked down the stairs and reached the cells in the basement of the building. He ordered a guard to open the door of the cell and let him inside. Pete entered and left a small plate on the floor, then he walked closer to the corner where Macau was sitting and hugging his knees.

"Good morning, Macau, you must be hungry. Khun Korn told me to ask you if you appreciated your accommodations by the main family" Pete said as he sat on a chair he just took from the hallway. Macau slowly raised his head to face the hitman of the main family. Pete observed the boy carefully, it was clear that he was about to cry desperately and that he was doing his best to avoid it and look cool just like his dear older brother.

"So, how much do you..."

"Don't kill me please..." Macau whispered. Pete was surprised that the whole armor broke apart so easily, he kind of hoped that Vegas would be like that too but he knew that it wasn't going to work like that with Vegas.

"I'm not going to kill you, Macau"

"But you said so yesterday, while we were in the lawyer's office..." the younger brother of the minor family replied.

"Different situations, that's all. The son of the boss of the minor family should understand this kind of things on his own, am I right? Macau, I want you to understand that you have the opportunity to choose the winning side this time. Tell me what you know and what you think that your father and your older brother will do" Pete added.

"I... I can't... they will beat me up when I will get back home..." Macau said stuttering.

"You don't understand the situation, Macau, let me make a small summary, ok? You are not going to go back home, not now at least. You may eventually go back home but I can assure that if you do your job then you won't have to worry about your father's reaction, is it clear?" Pete replied.

"b... but..."

"I tried to be gentle with you but I guess that you interpreted my behavior as weakness, very good then, let's change the approach, shall we?" Pete interrupted him with a rather irritated tone. He walked closer to him and grabbed his collar, pulling him standing, then he pushed him against the wall.

"You don't want to talk because you fear that your daddy is going to beat the shit out of his incompetent son? Let me get this straight then... I'm going to beat you up so hard to the point that you will beg me for mercy. Even if you get back to your family now without telling me anything about the minor family's plan, your beloved father will punch you for so long just because you let someone capture you. The choice is up to you" Pete replied.

"I'll talk! I'll talk! Please... don't hurt me!" Macau cried in fear. Pete stopped pushing him and walked back to the chair.

"I see that you're reasonable now, very good, tell me everything and you will get your reward"

"They didn't tell me the details... dad barely trusts Vegas and doesn't even consider me, so I only managed to discover some stuff by overhearing his conversations with my brother... he was very angry after the loss of the Soldier and I guess that killing the Lawyer just made things worse... I don't know for sure what his next move will be but... he may try to cover all his deeds and pretend to be loyal to the main family until he manages to recover the resources he recently lost" Macau explained.

Pete wrote everything down and then put the piece of paper back into the inside pocket of his jacket, he stood up and took the plate, he walked closer to Vegas's brother and handed it to him.

"I made it myself, it should be good... if you have other information you will get more rewards, I want you to keep it in mind. Bye bye Macau, next time you may see your brother too" Pete told him softly before ruffling the boy's hair and leaving the cell.

Just before going to his room, Pete asked Arm what happened during the mission, he was wondering why he didn't reply to his call on the radio while he was escaping from Vegas. Arm told him that it was nothing to worry about and that for some reason the radio wasn't working. Pete sighed and reminded him to check the communication system twice before the next mission, then he went back to his bedroom and took a nap.

"We lost the Lawyer too..." Gun murmured near the window in his office. Vegas was standing near the entrance, he was shivering and his wound was still painful since his dad continued to forbid any painkiller. Vegas dared to add with a low tone: "they got Macau too..."

"That is irrelevant... should I feel sorry for something like that? If my brother thinks that I will go and beg for mercy just because he captured one of my incompetent sons he's wrong..." Gun replied.

"But dad... how can you say something like this..."

"Shut up! You don't deserve to call me dad! You're nothing to me just like your stupid brother! I didn't raise you to become a bunch of incompetent idiots! I need a worthy heir for the minor family, someone who will be able to keep up my great masterpiece... My last chance is Venice, but he's still too young." Gun yelled.

"I'm sorry..." Vegas whispered.

"You're sorry!? This is all you can say? I really don't know what to do with you two anymore... you know what? You will go to your cousin's house and try to find out what your brother told them. They know that we want to start a war against the main family but they are still pretending that they trust us, so let's take advantage of it. You will go today, don't ask any help for it... if you succeed then you may finally prove your worth, if you fail then I will just lose another useless burden" Gun explained before ordering a bodyguard to push his son out of the office.